Outdoor flowering

daTenshi

I need some help figuring this out.
I currently have two girls outside that started flowering a few days ago, the seeds are a sativa dominant strain, almost pure sativa. My AF plants got pollinated last summer and they are the result.
According to google the day length is around 14h30m in May here. When summer will set in will they revert back to vegetative, or the fact that the flowering begun will be enough for them to finish flowering?

Sativas are born and bred in that kinda lighting. Will your summer days get much longer? If not they should stay in flowering most of their life in that lighting. But if days get longer they'll reveg. Maybe some outdoor expert can shed more light on the subject

I think it should be okay and stay flowering. Sativas are tropical or equatorial plants that almost always have 12 to 14 hours of light in nature. You far from the equator?

It sounds like your plants were clones, which is why they went into bloom early. If so, then they are quite likely to go back into veg. stage. This can easily occur with a period of overcast days. Sorry to say but if that happens, the plants can grow out and finish but get kind of messed up...smaller in overall size and poor bud structure. The high can be fine, but a nightmare to trim. I've had this happen in the past, which is why I only grow plants from seed outdoors. My outdoor plants start inside, and I gradually reduce light from 18-6 to approximately 15-9 to match outside light cycle when they are transplanted.

I think they're gonna reveg in two-three weeks!

Back
Top Bottom