Outdoor Grow Tips and Progress Pics

hufnpufpooch1

Sup guys,

I just bought some purple widow seeds from an online website i've used before and planning to put them in my outdoor grow and looking for advice on training them and keeping them down below 6/7ft as I've read they're typically tall plants. I've bought a small greenhouse for protection from pests and my dog and have cleared a nice secluded sunny spot in my backyard.

I've topped my current plants but they are low rider 2's and have had a rough life due to possums and after flowering, both at different stages, have decided to revert back into vegging; trichromes are still clear. I'll wait it out until I get the seeds in the mail before I harvest but will post some pics tomorrow to give you guys a better idea. I'll keep this thread updated all throughout my current LW2 and prospective PW grow

Cheers to the first post cunce!

Hey buddy if your able to grow 2m plants then you don't need much training, I might just top or fim them for extra cola's like you did with lowryder. If they get too big you can just tie them down a bit. Good luck

Ok guys,

So the seeds took longer to arrive than last time but they're finally here. So far I have germinated a Purple Widow and Sensi Kush with one PW seed failing- These pics will be posted as they grow but for now pictures of soil isn't too exciting.

I harvested my smaller plant which was attacked by possums and was surprised to get just over an ounce (small I know but the yield defied the health of the plant). Below are the yields and close ups of the bud which are majorly undeveloped but the smoke goes better than most Sydney bud anyways. Minor rot was observed due to inexperienced greenhouse use in the initial stages of implementation. Frosty bud nonetheless!

Below is the plant which went into flower for a week and then re-veged and im pretty happy with its progress; massive foliar growth every day with no signs of stress. Height is just over a metre.

Like i said i'll post progress on my PW and SK as they grow so keep an eye out for the humble aussie on here but until then,

Enjoy!

20150105_181436.jpg

Ok so I have had some terrible luck with my new seeds. Sensai got ripped up by my dog and the Purple Power is a male.

I planted another PP in replacement and hoping for a female however it is getting very late in the season to regrow from scratch so im expecting if it grows into a female it will flower too early and will provide undeveloped buds. This photo is a week in..

My other beauty that was planted months ago is still going strong and has now hit 6ft (182cm). It has just started to show pistols and im hoping for a big yield off this one, hopefully a few ounces. I had to dig it into the ground so it could fit my little (flimsy) greenhouse. Ideally i would of liked to train it so that it stretched out so that the inner foliage could get some sun however as you can see the width constraint is a real struggle. Ill keep you guys updated on the flowering process and the other babies.

Also can anyone tell me the chance of having a male in the same backyard (opposite ends with multiple obstacles) of my male polinating the female? like is the pollen airborne that much that it has to be ripped up?

Cheers

hey bro, not sure about airborne pollen, could be possible, but bees and other pollen collectors potentially will spread the pollen, best to rip it in my opinion, good luck .

Back
Top Bottom