Outdoor to indoor

Vapeman420

I live in Oregon and its about to get cokd and rainy. I can tell my plants need another week or 2, but outside they will likely get moldy and not finish. I have 7 plants about 3 foot tall, but I only have a 600w hps light. Would it be better to vring them inside where I can control yhe temps better to get them to finish? I know its not optimal light for 7 plants, but can it help them finish up?

-Vape

likely get moldy
If the weather turns chilly, then the relative humidity should be low enough that mold may not grow. It they are in pots, moving could be possible, I know jack -sh_t about indoor or lights. What I do know is outdoor.
Perhaps get some clean plastic sheeting and wrap those ladies up in the early evening to retain their heat, perhaps put a heat lamp bulb with them.
Very important, if the plastic sheeting is touching the plant, pull the sheeting off the plant where it is touching when the sun comes up.
My two cents and good luck.

A basic V-shaped tent over top of them will help outside. I have a small tunnel greenhouse made that way. 600w HPS will likely not be enough. I think your HPS will give you about a 1m x 1m square (3×3ft) of usable light. If you had 2 of those lights I'd say yeah, go for it.

Your plants aren't likely drawing up much water now anyway, so covering them with a sheet of clear plastic could work. Maybe lay a tarp on the ground underneath them too. As you say, keeping them dry and mold free at this point is everything.

Cheers and good luck

A basic V-shaped tent over top of them will help outside. I have a small tunnel greenhouse made that way. 600w HPS will likely not be enough. I think your HPS will give you about a 1m x 1m square (3×3ft) of usable light. If you had 2 of those lights I'd say yeah, go for it.

Your plants aren't likely drawing up much water now anyway, so covering them with a sheet of clear plastic could work. Maybe lay a tarp on the ground underneath them too. As you say, keeping them dry and mold free at this point is everything.

Cheers and good luck
I do have a tarp over the top, so they aren't getting rained on, but they are getting hightly chilly. Gonna see about putting them inside and we shall see how it goes.

-Vape

Perhaps put some under the indoor lights and leave a couple outside under the clear plastic.

For the last 2 years I have watched other growers leave plants outside against snow and frosts. It would appear that cannabis is tolerant against the cold. However, they likely don't progress through flowering nearly as quickly either.

Best of luck, and harvest
d

It's not pretty, but I pulled them all inside. Got a 600 HPS a 300w LED and a 200w compact florescent bulbs over the ladies. Hopefully a week or so of this and the plants will be ready!

-Vape

20211010_133431_HDR.jpg

It went very well! I did lose some to bud rot (nasty caterpillars!) but all in all had a good harvest. I will be done with drying soon and will have them all in jars, and I will post an update with all the jars soon!

-Vape

Back
Top Bottom