p.h. adjustment advice.

erockhardass

Hi all,

Im into week 4 of flowering and I think I may have some ph issues because some leaves are turning yellow and dying. I did my ph testing with the dropper kit, and these are my results:

Tap water = 7.5
Tap water w/ nutes = 6.5
Runoff of water w/nutes = 4.5

I am not really sure how much I should be adjusting. I make my nute batch in 5 gallon increments, so could someone tell me how much of ph up or down I should add per 5 gallons with water, and with water/nutes solution?

Hi all,

Im into week 4 of flowering and I think I may have some ph issues because some leaves are turning yellow and dying. I did my ph testing with the dropper kit, and these are my results:

Tap water = 7.5
Tap water w/ nutes = 6.5
Runoff of water w/nutes = 4.5

I am not really sure how much I should be adjusting. I make my nute batch in 5 gallon increments, so could someone tell me how much of ph up or down I should add per 5 gallons with water, and with water/nutes solution?

That's low, man.

When using soil or a peat peat based medium, you need to be a little above 6 (6.2-6.3 is normally good).

Sprinkle a tbls of powdered Dolomite lime over the surface, scratch it in and water normally. That will raise your PH over a day or two. Do it again if necessary. Hydrated lime is much faster acting, while dolomite lime is slower acting and preferred if you have it.

PH up/down your H2O/nutes to around 7.0 shouldn't hurt but you need to be careful not to raise the PH to quickly. I understand soil is more forgiving in that area though.

The damage won't go away but you'll notice a stop in the progression of your problems related to low PH.

Good luck!!

:peace:

Harry

I was just going to use ph UP in liquid form.....wouldnt that work just as well, and if so, how many points should I raise the water by itself to?

Back
Top Bottom