Passive/Active ventilation question

I agree with 52Firestone.

From what I've read on here and from my own experience, you want active exhaust and passive intake. One reason for this is to have a negative air pressure inside, as this helps in odor control. Anywhere air can leak, will cause it to get sucked in, and through any odor control you have. If you have a positive air pressure, then it leaks out where you have no control.

I've seen your cabinet also, nice work. I would put all fans on exhaust, and don't touch the intake holes. Check your temps, and adjust the intake to lower the temps. It helps if you know the CFM of your fans, then you can do the math and know how much you can pull through.

Prairie

I agree with 52Firestone.

From what I've read on here and from my own experience, you want active exhaust and passive intake. One reason for this is to have a negative air pressure inside, as this helps in odor control. Anywhere air can leak, will cause it to get sucked in, and through any odor control you have. If you have a positive air pressure, then it leaks out where you have no control.

I've seen your cabinet also, nice work. I would put all fans on exhaust, and don't touch the intake holes. Check your temps, and adjust the intake to lower the temps. It helps if you know the CFM of your fans, then you can do the math and know how much you can pull through.

Prairie

That's the way I set it up to begin with and it didn't work. For my current setup, I'll have more cfm's going out than coming it which still serve to create negative pressure....hopefully!

Thanks for the advice!

:peacetwo:

Back
Top Bottom