Air Cooled vs Non Air Cooled

ReggaeShark16

Hi all

Im planning a 5' X 5' X 7' tent with a 1000w MH/HPS combo.

This will be my first run with the 1000w (previous 600w) and I'm worried about heat.

So i guess the question is.... is it better to go with an air cooled hood and a passive intake on the tent or a normal hood with active intake? I will have at 3 interior movement fans going too.

I've read as much as I can about it online I think, even down to the refraction of light from the glass hood (I was bored alright). But the time has come to ask people who know :)

thanks for the advice

Shark

Was your 600watt grow air cooled?? How were your Temps on the last grow? Can you lower your Temps if needed?

If u had high temperature issues with a 600 then I would definetly suggest a air cooled hood.. If you had low temp issues I would suggest a open hood. I like air cooled hoods because you can get them closer to the plants. I also live in a warm climate and I'm scared of the heat building up in my tent and I usually have to raise my light to almost the top of the tent with a 600.

hi Twox

I had a non cooled 6th HIS in a parabolic shade in a tent 4'x4'X about 6'6"

I didn't have heat problems as such but I would say I wasn't far off its max temps.

I like the idea of an air cooled hood for the same reasons you mentioned. You can get it as close as possible.

I've had a few people to ditch the air cooled hood idea and increase the air flow with an active intake.

So far I'm still on the air cooled hood train.

cheers

Back
Top Bottom