Cool tube vs. air cooled hood

hotshot198

What is the advantage/difference between using a cool tube or air cooled hood. I'm planning on doing a DWC and I can get a cooled tube 600w cool tube for like 50 bucks less than the hood. My tent is 4x4 and I plan on growing between 4-10 plants. I just want to know which direction to go as this will be my first grow,thanks everyone :)

Light foot print is the main difference & the amount of light reflected downwards.

With the cool tube being on the lower/poor side, it will work but you could do better if you wanted to ?

Cool tube seems to be much lighter than the traditional air cooled reflector.... so thats a plus for cool tube :)

Reflectivity seems to be better with the air cooled hoods vs the cool tube.. thats a plus for air cooled hood :)

It seems to me that as far as heat, the cool tube seems to stay a little cooler than the air cooled hood, but its not a major difference IMO.

Thats really the only differences I have noticed..

What is the advantage/difference between using a cool tube or air cooled hood. I'm planning on doing a DWC and I can get a cooled tube 600w cool tube for like 50 bucks less than the hood. My tent is 4x4 and I plan on growing between 4-10 plants. I just want to know which direction to go as this will be my first grow,thanks everyone :)
I just saw this...
I've used Kw MH in hydrofarm 6in cool tube with an inline blower in the past. Had to use a "reduced envelope" version bulb to fit in it. While the cooling effect is monstrous (can hold it while running a Kw MH and not feel a degree of warmth), the reflector inside doesn't allow for an even distribution. It tends to create a "hot spot" directly below and not a whole lot else where. This effect tends to be amplified because of the cooling factor makes you want to hang it seriously close (like touching tube,close.lol)

Back
Top Bottom