Pennsylvania House Approves Medical Marijuana Bill In Landslide Vote

Robert Celt

The Pennsylvania House of Representatives overwhelmingly approved a state medical marijuana bill in a vote held Wednesday afternoon, marking a significant step toward the establishment of a program that would provide certification for caregivers, patients and organizations seeking registration as dispensaries.

According to the Post-Gazette, the bill had been under debate for more than two years, and now, following more than 200 approved amendments and after being backed by Gov. Tom Wolf and the Senate, it's passed a tremendous hurdle.

The bill would create a program to make marijuana available with a prescription from a doctor to patients who have one of a list of qualifying diagnosed conditions, including cancer, epilepsy and post-traumatic stress disorder.

The vote passed the House of Representatives on Wednesday by a margin of 144 to 41.

Medical marijuana is currently legal in 23 states, as well as the District of Columbia.

MMJ_Rx11.jpg

News Moderator: Robert Celt 420 MAGAZINE ®
Full Article: Pennsylvania House Approves Medical Marijuana Bill In Landslide Vote
Author: Elisa Lala
Photo Credit: Adobe stock photo

That brought me to tears. A flawed bill, but one on its way. It irks me though, this designation of "acceptable" conditions. WTH??? We're ALL candidates for needing additional cannabinoids in our overtaxed, over stressed systems.

One step closer. I've lived in this state most of my life. I've watched this legislature abuse us with their inaction all of that time. I won't be holding my breath, but I will breathe just a bit easier today. I have a friend with a 10-yr old son with seizures his entire life. They are so desperate for medication for their son that they've tracked me down to try to get me to grow for them. I'd rather they grow for themselves, but I did designate one of my plants for him and I will help teach them to make oil, on condition that they set up their own grow and take that control into their own hands. If they legalize mmj here I may be able to modify that approach and grow for them legally. What a dream!

We're gonna look back on this stretch of history in amazement that society could have been so mad that we outlawed one of the most medicinally beneficial plants on the orb for the sake of money, profit and control. We're closer to the end of this madness every day.

Thank you Robert. I was beginning to think this day would never come. This is a very important step in the process.

Back
Top Bottom