Pennywise Strain - How soon can I flower?

MisterSniffle

Hello! I've come up with another question that some friends here might be able to help with.

I have a single plant growing in a 3 gallon deep water culture setup under a Kessil H350 Magenta LED light. The strain is Pennywise. This plant was started from seed, has been vegging for four weeks, and looks extremely healthy. Nice lush leaves and plenty of beautiful snow white roots.

TL;DR - Can I switch this four-week old plant to flowering nutes/photoperiod right now or will there be problems of some sort?

Here's the girl. Very bushy :yummy:

A Pennywise plant, four weeks into veg. A pencil is provided for scale reference

I was inspecting this plant today and I found a couple of very female-looking preflowers next to some of the stipules. This is very exciting, since I've had so much bad luck with male plants lately.

I was originally planning to keep this plant as a mother, but I'm going to be short on growing space if I do that so I'm changing my plan- I want to flower this plant instead of keeping it as a mother.

Here's my question: I know that clones tolerate being vegged for a very short time before they're flowered, since they come from a mature plant. But what's the soonest I could safely flower a plant started from seed? Is now OK?

:thanks:

-Sniff

A bit of follow-on:

I did a bit of searching and reading on this topic before posting my question but as with many things, I found various opinions on the matter. "Weeks old" doesn't seem to be too helpful since some growers measure that time from seed/germination and others from transplant, or from the appearance of the first true leaves, and so on.

I did even more searching and I did latch onto a bit of concrete-sounding information: It would seem that the appearance of preflowers means that this plant is very nearly mature enough to safely induce flowering. That is satisfying general knowledge, but I was hoping some folks here would have some familiarity with this particular strain and/or be able to observe the picture of the plant and make a suggestion.

In this particular case, I count four weeks since the plant's first true leaves appeared, which is also the same time I moved it from a tray into its DWC bucket under the Kessil LED. So four weeks of real veggy growth.

Thanks again and :rollit:!

-Sniff

Back
Top Bottom