Pest Issue?

phiGweed

Welcome everyone! :welcome:

So I’ve been seeing these small dots on the stem and leaves of 1 of my plants. They appear to be red or whitish in color. I ignored it the first time because they were so small and I’ve never had any issues before. I just went ahead and deleafed the plant. Now I’m seeing them again on the same plant. I went ahead and grabbed my microscope because they’re so small I can’t tell what they are. They don’t appear to move from what I can see. Just seems to be stuck on certain parts.

I tried my best taking pictures and getting different angles but I feel like they all came out the same way. Has anyone ever seen this and know what they are? Please any advice is welcome. I have neem oil and just want to know if I should be worried about my other plants and if this is treatable.

05135ABA-2A0E-48D1-AA26-613870A1A4CD.png

2B4D29A6-BFC1-463B-9540-E9F9DC44082F.png

76547071-EB6D-4EFF-B966-DBA584BB93D5.png

Hi - I can't tell anything from those photos, have you got a normal picture of the leaf?
Sorry they’re so small I tried to hold the camera as Steady as possible!

Here are a few from my phone camera. They’re the small dots that you can barely see them

D6CD424D-6B45-457B-A130-953B7675D0D8.jpeg
DB482499-12E2-401F-BF72-A4B1E8DA79E0.jpeg
8D5570B2-1CC6-4049-9CDE-BB742AA39EC9.jpeg
205C6238-2CE5-4AB7-BF42-5D64787C19E6.jpeg

Sorry they’re so small I tried to hold the camera as Steady as possible!
The first set of photos is blurry; most likely because the camera was too close to whatever you want us to see. If it looks blurry when you look at the photo on the camera then it will be blurry for everyone else.

Here are a few from my phone camera. They’re the small dots that you can barely see them
The second set is much better but I can't keep the focus when I enlarge the pictures. The first photo in your second msg looks like a teeny tiny piece of corn which makes me wonder if it is a very small piece of a leaf that dried up, turned yellow and is stuck to the leaf stem. The 3rd photo in that msg looks like a ladybug or some sort of round body insect but that is a maybe.

You said that they do not move which is a good sign most of the time. Since you cut the leaf off keep it on the table and wait. Insects that stay on living plants will tend to move off within a day or so if the leaf, flower or stem is no longer connected to the root system. See if these spots or whatever they are will still be there the next day.

That looks like a blob of something on the surface, not a bite etc
Can you just wipe with alcohol and remove it just in case it is poop going mouldy or something?
I sure hope that’s what it is! Not familiar with fly poop or what it looks like so that may be possible !! Thank you

That looks like a blob of something on the surface, not a bite etc
Can you just wipe with alcohol and remove it just in case it is poop going mouldy or something?
Or it could have been a bite spot and the plant let some sap ooze out as a scab to prevent any other insect from coming to the same spot.

Basically, it looks like a SNAFU without the "AFU" to worry about.

Back
Top Bottom