Petition Drive To Legalize Marijuana In Michigan

Wilbur

Michigan residents could legally use marijuana on private property under a measure proposed for the 2008 ballot.

The Board of State Canvassers today approved the form of a legislative petition proposed by an Eaton Rapids-based group backing the proposal.

The measure would make it legal for those 18 and older to use marijuana on private property. Those found using the drug in public would be guilty of a civil infraction punishable by a 50-dollar fine.

The measure also would allow people to grow marijuana at their residences.

Supporters of the measure must gather about 304-thousand valid petition signatures to get on the 2008 ballot.

Previous signature-gathering attempts failed in 2000, 2002 and this year.

Newshawk: User - 420 Magazine
Source: WZZM13.com
Pubdate: 27 November 2006
Copyright: 2006 WZZM 13 ABC
Contact: Grand Rapids' Leading Local News: Weather, Traffic, Sports and more | Grand Rapids, Michigan | WZZM-TV
Website: Grand Rapids' Leading Local News: Weather, Traffic, Sports and more | Grand Rapids, Michigan | WZZM-TV

Woooo Michigan! Were finally going somewhere (hopefully). I'll do everything in my power to make this thing happen in 2008!

Wow, I Might Not Have To Move To California As Soon As I Thought!!

Sence I live in Michigan who do I contact to get my hands on a printable form of the petition, I live in a college town and I'm sure many students would be comassionate to the cause. I'm sure I could find some people help get sigs too.

Does anyone know a way that non-Michigonianites can help?

I say if you want to help, but don't live there, start a grass roots petition like advertise on myspace... or just send money, lol money helps everything...

LizardKing said:
I say if you want to help, but don't live there, start a grass roots petition like advertise on myspace... or just send money, lol money helps everything...
Send money to whom?

mikemann1121 said:
Same question...Does anyone know of a way that "non-michigonianites" can help? This is a cause worth fighting for.

Hahaha I guess it's funnier because I live in Michigan... But we are Michiganders lol not "Michigonianites" Haha! But that is funny as hell to say.... Thanks man. Thanks! I hope there is a way you all can help!

Wether or not Michigan passes this (whoever is the first) wouldn't be awesome to say you lived in the first state? I think it would. SO GO MICHIGAN! WOOO haha.

MBH

I hope this passes, does anyone know were i can get my hand on the papers i need to put my sig on, cuz i live in town full of people who would love to sign it!

rpainter09 said:
I hope this passes, does anyone know were i can get my hand on the papers i need to put my sig on, cuz i live in town full of people who would love to sign it!

Yeah same here... I'm still 18 and a senior in high school... I'll get so many sig's. I need to get my hands on these forms.

ADD: I checked with NORML.com and they didnt have anything (I dont think...)

Back
Top Bottom