PH question

buckeyebonger

i just learned that my water has a ph of around 9. i bought some ph lowerer and added some to my cloning machine. should i get my water down to 5.8-6.2 when watering my plants?

second q. how much effect has this 9.0 water had on my plants?

third q. does the low acidic water affect germination? i ask this because i used to have a great germ rate. now it is loooowwww. ( but some of the seeds are old.) use paper towel method.

i just bought this house 3 yrs ago and noticed that it had a whole house water filter. nothing sophisticated. just turn off the water, remove brown looking filter and put nice bright white one in. the current filter is way overdo for a change. (been too busy at work and havn't kept up on my honey-do list) lots of chems trapped in the filter. it is chocolate brown and was white when new. could this be affecting my ph?

yep, that could affect it.

as for how much it has affected them... in theory... lots, BUT, best way to tell... just look at them. :p.

if your water is that dirty, i reccomend just going to the local supermarket and buy a couple 5 gallon jugs of RO water. its the best way IMO to grow great meds when it comes to water.

unless you have a huge setup... in which case a home RO water unit may be a great investment for you.

Back
Top Bottom