PH(x) or RooR?

sandiego420

Hello everyone, I was wondering, I'm thinking of picking up a new bong. Not only a bong this time but a "work of art". I trust the opinions on this forum. So what do you think PH(x), I believe they have a model called a Trinity? Or a nice RooR. All suggestions are welcome.

Phx and roors are very nice. If you got the 22 inch phx do not get the 3 perc trinity it has to much drag the single one on the other hand hits great.I my self would say Phx I had 2 of them and they are great .I know a few other will say roors though.

Thank you for the quick reply, hope to hear others as well.

i have never had a ph(x) and have never hit one but they seem to be very good and im sure they are great

ROORs i have hit, they are awsome, i hope to be getting one soon

I own a trinity and use it often , the drag is not too bad once you find the proper water level for the percs and it looks really cool.
The single perc is more prefered tho and cheaper.
As for the Roors, your gonna have to wait for either Roorman or Kitty to tell ya about them. I don't own one yet.

I have two USA RooRs and I love them both. The RooR's are really great quality pipes that are made for pure function and ease of cleaning. I cannot say enough good things about these wonderful waterpipes. I do like the PhX pipes as well, but you have to want the percs to buy a PhX. There are also MANY accesories for the RooR pipes and alot of different styles to choose from. It all depends on your personal taste as to what one you would like to purchase. Whatever you do, buy a quality name-brand waterpipe. Even though they may cost a good amount (like RooR or PhX) they will work much better and last a hell of alot longer than the cheaper pipes that you are basically just throwing money away to buy and replace.

Edit- See, everyone who has smoked a RooR wants one, I think that says alot.

I imagine a RooR with percs in it would indeed be the ultimate waterpipe.

Cool, thanks for the info. One more question, what is the difference (if any) between the Roors manufactured in Germany and the ones made here in the U.S.

ive heard that the ones in germany own the ones here

They say that the German ones are held to a higher standard of quality, besides that nothing really. The only other difference I can think of is if you've got alot of cash you can get a custom made German RooR from some websites in the UK but USA RooR does not make customs. If you want a German one you will have to order it from overseas whereas some headshops here in America stock the USA RooRs, this is how I purchased mine. I have two USA RooRs and I've never held a German one to compare the two but I can say that the USA RooRs are very quality pieces indeed. I have noticed with some cheaper waterpipes they sometimes have some lean to them, but this is never the case with a RooR. They are always made straight and uniformly despite being a handmade pipe. BTW, I highly recommend getting ice catches on whatever RooR you end up purchasing.

I love RooRs!

Edit- I think German RooR owns USA RooR as well, but KL will correct me on any mistakes I may have made.

Awsome, I was just gonna' ask what is your opinion on the ash catcher and diffuser? All I know about the diffuser is it was once a sealed down tube but then had smaller holes poked in it, to make the hit better. Does it actually work?

Diffusers are the bomb! I have one that I can use on both my RooR's (I have two with a 14mm joint size) and I love that thing, I don't even bother using a normal downstem any longer. The smaller holes allow for smaller bubbles of smoke thus more contact with the water and a cooler, smoother hit. I also higly recommend the diffuser stems. I do not have an ash catcher but this is for personal reasons alone. I have had ashcatchers in the past (on other waterpipes with gromets) and they are a bit too bulky for me. I also like to keep my pipe really clean and this would just be another accessory that I would need to clean constantly as well as the fact that they make the pipe a little harder the draw on. On the RooRs, the downstem already sticks out pretty far and adding a heavy ash catcher to it seems like a big liability to me. The upside is it does keep trash out of your main filter water and does add another stage of filtration. It is really personal preference at that point whether you want one or not.

Sweet man, thanks for the help. I'm going to do a little more browsing on some of the UK websites. Ill let you know what I choose.

The only thing I hate about having to get the German RooRs from the UK is the price of the shipping, that's a killer. I would also see if you can find a local headshop that retails the American RooR's. I like to be able to have a place within driving distance to get parts and things just in case I happen to break something. If nothing else, the convenience is worth it.

Yeah I saw that 34$ for UPS express shipping.....Damn, mabey I'll call around town first.

The USA RooR's are great, you will not be disappointed if you buy one. Also, I kind of like the design of the USA RooR's bowls (slides) better because they have pull handles on them. I don't see why the German ones, which are supposed to be supirior pieces, lack the pull handle, do they want you to burn your fingers? I guess I have just fallen in love with the USA RooR's, but two definatly is enough for me. :cheesygrinsmiley:

Kittyloaf said:
You know, I'm a pretty good way to find a reasonably priced Roor (especially since it costs a lot less for me to ship...)
I can vouch for Kitty.

Back
Top Bottom