Ph

jc101

So Just wondering how often I should test the PH of the soil and what it should be at. Also if the PH isnt right how do you adjust it?

Yes, get a PH soil test kit. I need to pick one up aswell. The PH in Hydro I know is supposed to be 6.8 or there abouts, so about the same for soil I would assume, but we all know what tha does. Also when you wan't to move the PH down in soil use lime, NOT HYDRATED LIME! Get the lime pellets. Not sure what to do about moving it up, I think peat moss might, but don't quote me on that. I'm just giving you a direction to shoot for, I am not %100 percent that this is all correct but I know it is close.

well man you can bey Pro mix4 it has all that you need in the soil is balanced so good luck man

Phosphorus: lack of causes stunted growth, purple stems, and pale colored leaves. When the soil PH goes above 6.8 plants cannot access Phosphorus.

Magnesium: lack of causes yellowing of the leaves and brrown rust spots. When PH is below 6.5 plants cannot access Magnesium.

Iron: lack of causes the leaves to turn a pale color. When PH is above 6.5 the plants cannot access iron.

Zinc- Lack of causes the leaves to become wispy and weak. When soil Ph drops below 6.2 or goes above 6.6 the plants cannot access zinc.

Keep you soil PH between 6.2 and 6.6 and you should be fine. Cannabis likes soil that is slightly acidic, just under neutral (7.0). If the soil is too acidic you can use a small amount of lye to increase alkalinity and if it is alkaline you can use a light solution of citric acid and water to make the soil more acidic.

i bought a new 3 in 1 tester today for the soil just wondering if this

one was worth buying are they accurate????
mynewmoisturephlighttester.JPG

Mine reads about 0.5 too high. It also works really slowly so give it at least 2 minutes for the reading to become stable. If the needle sits somewhere between 7.5 & 7.0 you should be pretty good. I found that cleaning it off with a piece of 600 grit sandpaper helps its accuracy a great deal.

Oh yeah, and make sure that you always switch it back to the light meter when your done using it (Keeps it from freaking out for some reason.)

Hope this helps..:allgood:
madamecrash

thanks madame that sounds about right i got 6.5 and my seedlings leaves start lightgreen and and after aweek or so they slowly get yellow as the plant gets bigger it doesnt seem to afect them as much not sure if it needs mag or if its just because there bag seed and read they are harder to keep alive????got abag of epsom salts but not sure how much to use or how in water or in soil and what can i buy to bring it down??? thanks again all

I've had the best results with PH 7.0 for seedlings. At least for the first 2 weeks or so. Then they seem to like the PH to drop a little - like 6.7 . What kind of soil are you using? Did you give them any nutes?

To lower the PH use distilled white vinegar. To raise the PH use hydrated lime. For a quick Mag fix that won't cause lockout Mix 1 Tablespoon of Molasses + 1 teaspoon of Pure Maple Syrup with 1 gallon of PH7.0 water. Drench until it runs out of the bottom of the pot.

Madamecrash

madamecrash said:
I've had the best results with PH 7.0 for seedlings. At least for the first 2 weeks or so. Then they seem to like the PH to drop a little - like 6.7 . What kind of soil are you using? Did you give them any nutes?

To lower the PH use distilled white vinegar. To raise the PH use hydrated lime. For a quick Mag fix that won't cause lockout Mix 1 Tablespoon of Molasses + 1 teaspoon of Pure Maple Syrup with 1 gallon of PH7.0 water. Drench until it runs out of the bottom of the pot.

Madamecrash

WOW THAT IS GOOD STUFF TO KNOW..

Back
Top Bottom