Using VIVOSUN Three way meter

Aweedtec

Again I can find no information on what my readings should be.

I purchased the PH tester with the PPM tester and the 3 way. Light PH and moist.

I have yet to use the PH tester or the PPM tester. But the 3 way... on the back it tells you what readings you should get and when you should water and what your light measurements are. It includes a ton of plants. But what it does not include is the plants we all love.

Can someone tell me what the measurement should be for the light the soil PH and Moisture of soil?

Also, can you use the probe to aerate a bit? Or is that dangerous?

What is the light meter measuring/reading? Makes a big difference. Lumens, lux, photons, umols, etc?
Meter from top of tallest plant measures 850. But it could be over that. I dont know where 1000 is marked. Unless its where it looks like a little white spot on the meter.

The smaller plants measure 600.

My light has Samsung 281s

I wanted the better ones but at the time I didn't know if I was even going to be able to grow them. I just made sure they were Samsung LEDs.

It said 6x6 grow area but of course they lied and then changed it after I bought it to 5x5 and that area it was supposed to cover was the main reason I bought it and not the other one that was about 50.00 more but had Samsung 301s in it.

I think I am going to say something about this to Amazon.

Anyway, here are the specs.... Who knows how accurate. I just know they worked to get my plants from 3 inches tall to here in 2 and a half to 3 weeks.

I measured the light from where it was and it appeared to be like 850.

Then I lowered the light to 18 inches off the top of the highest plant and it measured 1150 or 1200.

I put it back up to where it orignally was. I just wanted to see what it would measure if I went 18 inches off the top of the plant.

My shorter plants measure about 600.

I would like to leave the smaller plants under the 18/6 light for another week as they are a week behind the largest plant. But that means purchasing another light. Which I may have to do anyway. Its only 188.00 so its an inexpensive light almost 30x30 inches and so far it works well.

My light fixture itself does not get too hot to touch. I can hold it for as long as I want anywhere on the light. It is very warm. Some would call it hot but not untouchable hot.

• 2022 New Version-Lower purchase cost and higher quality yield: SZHLUX PT LED Grow Lights feature the latest, most cost-effective high-output LED technology available today - Diodes; the PT LED Grow Lights with a high energy efficiency of 2.7 umol/J, providing a powerful light output that consumes only 500w, and running 50% less power than HPS or Blurple lamps. The vegetable cover is 5 x 5 feet, and the flowering covering is 4 x 4 feet.
  • Temperature Control and Timer Mode: Upgraded PT series with temperature sensor, temperature, and timer button. Automatically sets protection temperature to 85°F; 8 light bars illuminate when the temperature reaches 86°F; 6 light bars illuminate when the temperature reaches 91°F; but when the temperature reaches 96°F, the lights will turn off. It can effectively protect plants from being burned by heating, and the chandelier high can be adjusted appropriately to obtain a higher PPF.
  • Suitable for All Growth Stages: Excellent Full Spectrum - White, Blue, Red, and IR (3000K, 5000K, 395nm UV, 660nm, and IR 760nm). 3000K diodes provide more reddish light and 5000K more blue. 395nm ultraviolet prevents the plants from growing too fast, the stems and leaves are thick, and the fruit tastes better. 660nm red and infrared is effective during flowering, it promotes plant growth and increases yield. Turn your seeds into your supply and the light looks quite natural,
  • 2022 New Version Trapezoid Tube and Fanless Design:-Adopts high-quality aluminum material with a fanless design. The trapezoidal design makes the light-emitting and heat-dissipating area larger, effectively protecting the life of the lamp. Let you buy satisfactory intelligent products at an affordable price without worrying about package damage.

20231007_201322.jpg

20231007_202003.jpg

20231007_201645.jpg

I wouldn't worry too much about the difference between the lm281s and lm301s.
Their performance is measured as how much light in micromoles the diodes can put out per joule,
and less emphasis is made on the yield performance or spectrum itself. In fact the spectrums are comparable,
so it's really a metric that only matters where energy efficiency is a concern.
To put it simply a few extra watts of the 281s will be comparable to slightly less watts of 301s.

Unfortunately, you can't put too much emphasis on that meter because it wont be accurate for measuring LED lighting.
Even commercial lux meters are known to not measure PPFD accurately however they will be more accurate than this 3 in 1. You could also check out an app in the Play Store called Photone which will do the same.

Your light vendor would've (hopefully) provided some recommendations regarding hanging heights,
or at least a PPFD chart that indicates the light intensity. If you have such a chart then aim for 500-700 PPFD during the vegetative cycle and about 1000 PPFD for the bloom cycle.

I wouldn't worry too much about the difference between the lm281s and lm301s.
Their performance is measured as how much light in micromoles the diodes can put out per joule,
and less emphasis is made on the yield performance or spectrum itself. In fact the spectrums are comparable,
so it's really a metric that only matters where energy efficiency is a concern.
To put it simply a few extra watts of the 281s will be comparable to slightly less watts of 301s.

Unfortunately, you can't put too much emphasis on that meter because it wont be accurate for measuring LED lighting.
Even commercial lux meters are known to not measure PPFD accurately however they will be more accurate than this 3 in 1. You could also check out an app in the Play Store called Photone which will do the same.

Your light vendor would've (hopefully) provided some recommendations regarding hanging heights,
or at least a PPFD chart that indicates the light intensity. If you have such a chart then aim for 500-700 PPFD during the vegetative cycle and about 1000 PPFD for the bloom cycle.
I'm actually at 1040 now. Says the Photone. Its close to my 3 in 1.

That 3 in 1 will not measure any acidity in the soil and that is strange to me since the bloom booster has acids in it.

Back
Top Bottom