Pistachio Maybe

Aweedtec

I'm leaving a photo so that this will be started and will update the info soon as I get home this evening.

This plant is so bushy. My buddy is growing a lemon haze auto and so am I. But this is for this crazy plant. I've already grown one of these and there is a thread about it. This is a seed from that plant.
And it seemed stunted for about a week after topping then it just blew up in three days.

I am speaking about the front left bush.

The other plants are...
Two in the back are the same strain. Pistachio I think. But could be wrong.

The front right is an auto lemon haze.

So the list is not for this plant and is just the template below....
Strain/s: ObiWan Kush & Girl Scout Cookies
Genetic Makeup: Hybrid Sativa
Pot/Bucket Size: 3.5 Gallon
Tent Size: 4' x 4'
Grow Space: 10' x 10'
How Many Plants: 10
Environment: Indoor
Stage: Flowering
Medium: 75% Perlite 25% Vermiculite
Lights: 1000 Watt LED
Nutrients: Remo Nutrients
Room/Tent Temperature: 78°
Relative Humidity: 65%
Media/Res PH: 7
Pests: None
Watering: Once Daily

Resized_20240117_074205_1705495423608.jpeg

I'm leaving a photo so that this will be started and will update the info soon as I get home this evening.

This plant is so bushy. My buddy is growing a lemon haze auto and so am I. But this is for this crazy plant. I've already grown one of these and there is a thread about it. This is a seed from that plant.
And it seemed stunted for about a week after topping then it just blew up in three days.

I am speaking about the front left bush.

The other plants are...
Two in the back are the same strain. Pistachio I think. But could be wrong.

The front right is an auto lemon haze.

So the list is not for this plant and is just the template below....
Strain/s: ObiWan Kush & Girl Scout Cookies
Genetic Makeup: Hybrid Sativa
Pot/Bucket Size: 3.5 Gallon
Tent Size: 4' x 4'
Grow Space: 10' x 10'
How Many Plants: 10
Stage: Flowering
Medium: 75% Perlite 25% Vermiculite
Lights: 1000 Watt LED
Nutrients: Remo Nutrients
Room/Tent Temperature: 78°
Relative Humidity: 65%
Media/Res PH: 7
Pests: None
Watering: Once Daily

Resized_20240117_074205_1705495423608.jpeg
Great start and good job on the white buckets.
Keeping the light out :thumb:
:popcorn:

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

This is one days growth. Lol
It was stunted for a long time after I topped it. Then it just took off.
I think this one may beat the 47 inch diameter of the last one. I couldn't remove that one out of my closet till it was ready to harvest. My closet is 4 feet wide. 9 feet long. Door opens in because those who remodeled my house before I bought it on my view put the door on swinging the wrong way. A closet should not open in. Just because it's larger than a standard size closet doesn't mean it shouldn't open out. Unless it's like an entire room for a closet. Like a walk in. You can walk into my closet but i can still see if the door was flipped so it opened out i could utilize all of my closet space for growing more.

This plant is without a doubt a genetic freak. And I truly wish I knew what strain it was for sure. Only Humboldt seed co knows it's name because the mother plant came from them as a freebie.

Bushiest plant I've ever saw is this strain and I still have two more plants growing behind it, 4 more seeds. Not to mention I believe the cured buds probably have more seeds in them. I just won't find those till I go through it all and it is still 2 weeks to 2 months cure time.

I still have to fix the original post but I don't have time at the moment. I have an appt in an hour then work til later. This evening will work better than last evening because I got caught at work till 10 pm. Hopefully tonight I can fix that

20240118_102452.jpg

This list is accurate. It wont let me edit my first post so I had to make a new post

Strain/s: Pistachio POSSIBLY.
Genetic Makeup: Hybrid Sativa/Indica
Pot/Bucket Size: 5 Gallon
Tent Size: Closet... 4x9
Grow Space: 4x6
How Many Plants: 4 *(but this is mainly for the crazy bushy 3.
Stage: VEG
Medium: PROMIX BX.
Lights: 500 Watt LED
Nutrients: Strictly Dr Earth.
Room/Tent Temperature: 75° 83°
Relative Humidity: 55%
Media/Res PH: I simply do not pay any attention to this.
Pests: Fungus Gnats... Until I put a layer of sand on top and then they all die
Watering: Every other day.

This plants Medium is much different than my last grow and because of this I have yet to figure out the watering schedule. The last plant I grew of this strain I had Pro Mix in the red bag. It seemed to hold massive amounts of water and the plant drank up 1-1/2 gallons every other day. Getting run off of 10% was difficult to do without pouring nearly 2 gallons into that plant every other day.
But BX Pro mix lets water run right through it almost. It is odd to me how different it is. If I pour one 48 ounce bottle into the plant after two days of no water I will get 70 percent of the water back out of the run off tray.

So when I feed the plant it feels like I am over feeding. But so far the Dr Earth system has been perfect.

What I did notice was at first I had these plants in my basement. That is when it seemed to stunt this plant a bit.
The leaves got oversaturated because the nodes on the plant are less than half inch apart. It had 5 nodes when i topped it and the plant had yet to rise out of the bucket!! The first node was directly on the starter leaves. It wasnt higher. It was ON them! Then the next leaf was a 5 segment leaf about 1/4 up from the starter leaves. Which is odd because I have photos of the plants mother plant and it went 1 3 5 7 9 11. This one skipped 3. And so did its 2 other sisters.

This plant mother plant was in a room with 3 other plants and at some point all were stressed. This before they were switched to flower and as they were being switched. So it is very possible this plant isn't even the original strain but could have been fertilized by one of the other plants. In fact, its acting like blueberry pancakes did in my last grow. By the leaves growing wildly and curling up tangling itself up in knots. It literally grew leaves upside down. But only one of the blueberry pancakes plants did that. So I attributed it to my topping method. I should have done the 6th node not the 5th. It allows the lower part of this plant to grow up faster than the top and that causes all sorts of madness.

What I think blows my mind about this plant is that my buddy is growing an auto Lemon Haze and though his plant is probably the same height as mine it has 6 nodes and not very bushy at all. This thing is overly bushy.

This list is accurate. It wont let me edit my first post so I had to make a new post

Strain/s: Pistachio POSSIBLY.
Genetic Makeup: Hybrid Sativa/Indica
Pot/Bucket Size: 5 Gallon
Tent Size: Closet... 4x9
Grow Space: 4x6
How Many Plants: 4 *(but this is mainly for the crazy bushy 3.
Stage: VEG
Medium: PROMIX BX.
Lights: 500 Watt LED
Nutrients: Strictly Dr Earth.
Room/Tent Temperature: 75° 83°
Relative Humidity: 55%
Media/Res PH: I simply do not pay any attention to this.
Pests: Fungus Gnats... Until I put a layer of sand on top and then they all die
Watering: Every other day.

This plants Medium is much different than my last grow and because of this I have yet to figure out the watering schedule. The last plant I grew of this strain I had Pro Mix in the red bag. It seemed to hold massive amounts of water and the plant drank up 1-1/2 gallons every other day. Getting run off of 10% was difficult to do without pouring nearly 2 gallons into that plant every other day.
But BX Pro mix lets water run right through it almost. It is odd to me how different it is. If I pour one 48 ounce bottle into the plant after two days of no water I will get 70 percent of the water back out of the run off tray.

So when I feed the plant it feels like I am over feeding. But so far the Dr Earth system has been perfect.

What I did notice was at first I had these plants in my basement. That is when it seemed to stunt this plant a bit.
The leaves got oversaturated because the nodes on the plant are less than half inch apart. It had 5 nodes when i topped it and the plant had yet to rise out of the bucket!! The first node was directly on the starter leaves. It wasnt higher. It was ON them! Then the next leaf was a 5 segment leaf about 1/4 up from the starter leaves. Which is odd because I have photos of the plants mother plant and it went 1 3 5 7 9 11. This one skipped 3. And so did its 2 other sisters.

This plant mother plant was in a room with 3 other plants and at some point all were stressed. This before they were switched to flower and as they were being switched. So it is very possible this plant isn't even the original strain but could have been fertilized by one of the other plants. In fact, its acting like blueberry pancakes did in my last grow. By the leaves growing wildly and curling up tangling itself up in knots. It literally grew leaves upside down. But only one of the blueberry pancakes plants did that. So I attributed it to my topping method. I should have done the 6th node not the 5th. It allows the lower part of this plant to grow up faster than the top and that causes all sorts of madness.

What I think blows my mind about this plant is that my buddy is growing an auto Lemon Haze and though his plant is probably the same height as mine it has 6 nodes and not very bushy at all. This thing is overly bushy.
Bx like coco i find is hydrophobic.
Meaning if you let it dry at all it repells water.
So the first gallon runs through the pot trying to wet the media.
Once wet again it will absorb water.
My first bx run was fed daily to avoid this problem.
I designed the @Bill284 Method to combat water logged pots.
I layer perlite to retain air constantly.
I can feed full strength nutrients daily to run off even in soil with tremendous growth.
Just a thought, 2 cents.
Take care.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

Your plants are sitting a little low in the bucket, might need to trim some of those leaves to work on her.
Just a thought.

What level is the light at front the top of the plant?

Be safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..
They are a bit low. I filled those buckets within an inch of the top thinking "it's gonna sink when I water it" and even pre watered it before adding the plant and it still kept sinking.

Is the nature of switching medias. But I couldn't get ProMix in the red bag and HP was out everywhere unless you wanted to pay more for it. So the new media is throwing me in more than one way.

Also the complexity of seasonal RH changes and having to deal with it is an issue too. My last grow was done in what was seemingly perfect weather for both veg and flower in my house. Now the weather outside is causing me to have my heat on instead of AC and that is drying the place out.

The light is always on at 100 percent.

Unless you meant what is the lights power in mols? Then that would be right around 1000

@Aweedtec your girls look happy and healthy. A testament of how to do it right.

I was just wondering if your light was to close to your plants and that's why you didn't get a little bit of stretch during seedling stage. Nothing to worry about it happens.

On average, this is what your plant needs for each stage.
Seedlings 200 - 400
Veg 400 to 600
Flower 600 to 1000.

I use Promix myself Organic, Garden Mix and HP. I mix these in different ratio's depending on how light I want my soil. Yes, my soil is so light that I water the 2 gallon pots every two day, 3 gallon pots about every third day, and a five gallon pot will last about 3 to 4 days between watering. I use fabric pot and water till run off.

Hope this helps.

TR

@Aweedtec your girls look happy and healthy. A testament of how to do it right.

I was just wondering if your light was to close to your plants and that's why you didn't get a little bit of stretch during seedling stage. Nothing to worry about it happens.

On average, this is what your plant needs for each stage.
Seedlings 200 - 400
Veg 400 to 600
Flower 600 to 1000.

I use Promix myself Organic, Garden Mix and HP. I mix these in different ratio's depending on how light I want my soil. Yes, my soil is so light that I water the 2 gallon pots every two day, 3 gallon pots about every third day, and a five gallon pot will last about 3 to 4 days between watering. I use fabric pot and water till run off.

Hope this helps.

TR
I had to raise the light in the basement on the other lemon haze auto because it's tips are turning yellow and bending down. Oddly the lemon haze in my closet(younger and much smaller at the moment) is doing fine with a lot of light. It may be that my basement is 66 to 70 degrees and dry heat. Even with a humidifier it won't go over 45 RH in the basement. My closet stays at 55 RH with no humidifier just the plants and light in the closet and temps between 74 to 83.

Seems I may have to wait till the other two pistachio plants get big enough for the lights to be flipped to 12/12 and then the autos come up in the closet and I take the three insanely bushy large plants in the basement to flower under two lights and the lemon haze autos will probably end up in my closet for the rest of their cycle.

Today's photos.....that plant is flowing now. It did have a rough start though.

Seed popped on Dec 15th and this is where it is after being stunted a bit from a topping gone wrong.

Lesson to everyone....if you top your plants make sure you count 6 nodes from the starter leaves and make sure you clip all the top two leaves off. If you miss part of the leaf or don't get them completely off the plant will stress even more than usual. At least mine did. It also has odd growth out of the topped spot.

I included a photo(last photo) of where I topped it so you can see...it has the main split and then its trying to grow two new stems as well. I don't want to cut them off but they aren't growing very fast. They are just oddities.

20240119_113523.jpg

20240119_113521.jpg

20240119_101801.jpg

20240119_114252.jpg

I took the larger lemon haze from my basement and brought it up to the closet and moved one of the pistachio to the basement because for some reason that auto lemon haze had curling tips that started yellowing down in the basement and to try to turn that around I figure this closet turned the biggest plant around so why not this one too?

Now my other plant is in the basement finding out how much it can handle it.

I don't know why the larger lemon haze auto has yellow tips that curl down but it could be underfeeding or under watering because my roommate is taking care of that plant.
He thinks his methods would be better so we decided to see if thats true.
I told him to follow the water schedule and water the entire bucket even though the plant is small (when it was very small) and do it simply because you need to have a certain amount of total water cycles before the next feed or you will be in overfeed for not watering all of the media.

Well he didn't trust what I was telling him and now the plant stopped growing and the tips started curling. He simply does not believe the 10% run off. Which to me is simple to understand why that is necessary when using fertilizers. Organic or not.

I am no pro by any means. But I did grow 4 different plants and everyone who saw those plants in real life said they never saw anything like it. Obviously in person. I'm sure they saw plants like those in magazines or online. But they were nice. I just followed suggestions from those who know. And go figure...those people were right.

20240120_081129.jpg

This photo is of the mother plant. Obviously before I was warned about white buckets and light. Before i wrapped the bucket in three layers of duct tape.

This is the mother plant to the large bushy possibly pistachio plant at one month old. I think the mother looked in better shape at one month and the daughter plant(front left) is 5 weeks old. But the daughter plant I believe has way more growth started at this time.... It was stunted for about a week and a half where it didnt move with growth other than the leaves it had got a bit larger. The topping of the plant slowed it dramatically for a bit. I believe it topped it at the wrong time.

The mother plant looked more uniform. But the daughter plant looks healthier. Strange since the mother plant had no bad leaves on it and the daughter plant is probably missing most of the lower leaves already. lol

My worry about the daughter plant is how low in the bucket it is. The mother plant was much higher in the bucket and its limbs touched the bucket and grew almost horizontally before reaching the outside of the plants edge and then would turn upwards.

20230929_235751.jpg

High, glad I have your journal link now. I love to watch an auto grow.
It also has odd growth out of the topped spot.
I think you fimmed it instead of topping. Nothing wrong with that. Some training hooks might help to open the bushy parts up a bit. Have you used those / seen them used?

Nice plants btw!

High, glad I have your journal link now. I love to watch an auto grow.

I think you fimmed it instead of topping. Nothing wrong with that. Some training hooks might help to open the bushy parts up a bit. Have you used those / seen them used?

Nice plants btw!
Thanks!
I think I just cut it crooked. I'm going blind. 😆
It was so small and my sissors are very pointy and thin. So thinking I'm as good as I used to be I think I cut it sideways. I even snipped it twice. I noticed missed part of the two leaves and reached in and cut it again.

I think I did it too early. I should have waited another node.

The last one.... this was 47 inches in diameter and had turned into this by the end. This is with no tying down and not a bit of defoliation until it was a week out from harvest. It was also very light colored leaves everywhere except the very bottom through the entire flower process.

Screenshot_20231212_143815_Gallery.jpg

20231210_155941.jpg

Back
Top Bottom