Pistachio Maybe

@Bill284
I will raise the lights in my closet.
Its 400-600 for veg right? 1000 for flower?
So the question is..... Will a plant getting 450 get just as much growth from a light as 600 for veg?
I always maximise my light.
But if it's too much too soon it causes issues that impede rapid growth.
So adverse reactions indicate a too rapid increase in light intensity.
Either too close or too strong.
It's good to know the intensity of your light, but the plant will be the indicator in the end.
Take note of strength, distance and plant age size and reactions.
Helps going forward to have notes.
Back it off for a bit see the difference and her recovery then try again.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

How is it going @Aweedtec

Take a look at this and tell me what you think. You are at an early stage.
Notice how the leaf tips around the whole leaf is burnt?

Now if you added to much chemical nutrients and or organics, (which is hard to burn your plants when using organics) you need to flush the soil with plain water. You need to use 2 times as much water as the size of the pot, for example: If you have a 5 gallon pot and need to flush it, you need to use 10 gallons of water to rinse out the soil good enough to get rid of excessive nutrients.
PH your flush water to 6.1 - 6.4

Picture 1 and 2 shows a Potassium deficiency

1134potassium-deficiency1.jpg

1134potassiumdef2.jpg

Hope this helps.

Stay safe and grow well my friend,
Tok..

Strangely the one with the yellow tips appears to have had a growth spurt and the twin sister seems to have fallen off a bit.

First photo....
Left rear is yellow tip pistachio auto(that may be mixed with another strain..can't be sure of it )
Right rear is pistachio auto with no yellow tips. One day apart in seed pop time.
Front plant is a lemon haze auto.

Second photo .....lemon haze to the right..but ten days older than the Lemon haze in the closet.
My roommate won't stop pulling fan leaves off the plant and thinks if it covers up an area where a flower will grow that it's blocking the light from allowing that area to grow better. I am of the thinking that pulling leaves off that are aiming outward while your plant is in veg is just silly. That's a major part of what makes the plant grow.

20240130_113540.jpg

20240130_093031.jpg

Man that plant is a crazy bush. If it gets anywhere near the size of the mutha....47 inches in diameter and about 30 inches tall was the mother at full size.
The plant next to it (lemon haze auto) has had all its big leaves pulled off. I don't know what my roommate is thinking but I think it will flower just fine anyway. Just don't know if it will yield the same as it would have.
We shall see since I have another lemon haze auto growing ten days younger and am not pulling a single leaf off of it although I did break two leaf segments. It looks healthy and growing steady. In fact it gets some more nutes today. And is the second photo.
Big difference when you feed a plant right and water It right.

Last photo shows the other pistachios.

20240131_105903.jpg

20240131_135452.jpg

20240131_142124.jpg

So one of my plants is getting yellow tips and I've lifted the light. So that makes no sense why it has yellow tips and it's sister plant sitting right next to it the same age same everything does not have this issue.

They talk about nutrient burn from nitrogen but there is no way it's that. I've fed it exactly what the system calls for. Just a bit under actually and no other plant is this happening to. I guess it's just going to have yellow tips.

20240201_111847.jpg

Question for someone.....

If you were growing this plant and it was this yellow on the leaf tips....And it started right after feeding day.....but it could have been the light.....look at the dark green in the leaves....but would you feed this plant again or just let it go another week without feeding and push the schedule just in case? Or would you feed it and hope the signs are just light burn and if it starts getting worse after feed then flush?

What is the best way to go from here?

20240203_103542.jpg

20240203_103539.jpg

20240203_103458.jpg

I gave a plant away yesterday to a friend. He wanted to try to grow.
So I flushed the one I had that had nitrogen toxicity and gave it away.

Now I have enough room...maybe.

The lemon haze on the right is supposed to yield more than the plant on the left.
Somehow I don't see that.

40 cola areas on the plant to the left. And I know they grow half oz buds.
17 on the plant to the right and I have no idea how much it will produce.

20240205_130348.jpg

20240205_130338.jpg

Pulled the plant out of the pot to check the roots.

I am now thinking it was just humidity that got it doing this.

It's not PH...it's not nutrients it's not water either over or under watering and it's not root rot.

It has to be the 70 percent humidity I left it sitting in for too long.

Edit: The last photo shows that there is rot. At least in the photo it appears to be. But it's not much that can be seen and it appears to be curving up into an area where there isn't much roots so it could be very minor and a quick fix. Or it's a goner

20240214_150749.jpg

20240214_150603.jpg

20240214_150357.jpg

20240214_142949.jpg

20240214_151251.jpg

20240214_150749.jpg

I pulled the plant again and the roots seem all very weak to me even though they are white. And I smell nothing and there is no slime. Maybe not rot. That ends my searching for a cause since online it's either root rot or overwatering and there is no chance I was overwatering.

Who knows.

I cut the wilted branches from the bottom of the plant. I believe the plant is doomed.

I can't find the problem but if it started with one wilting branch at the very bottom and then turned into many bottom branches wilting away I don't see the problem being figured out and so that pretty much ends this grow.

I'll let it go till I see a few more wilted branches then it's time to just be frustrated and toss it.

The potential to have 40 colas was great and as usual I get screwed and the odds are my first grow was just beginners luck.

The last photo is the plant after the branches were cut off.

If it finishes I will take a photo and post it.

Posting here has become fruitless as nobody responds anymore. I guess I'm boring. Peace.

20240215_124717.jpg

20240215_124733.jpg

20240215_124728.jpg

20240215_125528.jpg

20240215_130937.jpg

20240215_131125.jpg

It is my belief that Dr earth metabolic transformer caused this issue.

The roots were soft. Only the lowest branches were affected and I believe since the metabolic transformers job is to soften roots for easier uptake.....if they get too soft then water wicks up the roots way faster and blasts those bottom branches like they are being overwatered even if you are not overwatering.

Now I have to guess if flushing it is the key to fixing it before bloom booster.

No more metabolic transformer every other week. I'm fairly sure this is the only thing that could have done this.

No way it was overwatering.

And the only other is root rot. But root rot shows in the entire plant usually. Not just low branches. At least that is all I could find online about root rot.

I don't know if you can flush out transformer though. Well you may be able to flush it out but you can only let the roots recover by letting them dry out. A lot

And again ......I could be wrong.

But there is no other answer.

I harvested this plant and when I checked the roots.....at the bottom they were soft and at the top they were fine. So it had some root issues. That was the issue.

For sure. Two huge doses of peroxide saved it from being a total loss but it will probably smell like commercial stuff your buy years ago.

And I have figured out what caused it. And it's a shame too because that plant would have been crazy huge had it stayed healthy.

Peroxide is the only reason it grew anythjng. Without peroxide it would sit and not move. But after peroxide it would boost. Then stop.

So the entire plant will probably be two ounces when cured. Good thing I had another plants going.

20240311_195012.jpg

What you are working out in your head is experience that usually takes years, or not at all - you should be proud of yourself
You'll be getting 25g/L in no time pal
:hookah:
Basically the upsetting thing is that I started a journal here and the plant went bad.

Makes me think if I start a journal again my plants going to start out great and then fall apart. But if no journal then they turn out fine. So far I'm 1/1 as a near total loss. 😆
What you are working out in your head is experience that usually takes years, or not at all - you should be proud of yourself
You'll be getting 25g/L in no time pal
:hookah:
Here is what should have happened to this plant if it were healthy.....only It would have had 40 large colas(it was topped) instead of 17 like this sister plant that I didn't top. But man the center cola is huge. And getting visibly larger every day.

20240315_142059.jpg

20240315_130046.jpg

Back
Top Bottom