Pistachio Maybe

Excellent, that plant spread out beautifully and nice roots.
Thanks! That was my first grow. But I spent a lot of time reading for sure.

It seems that this strain is a natural at spreading out.
Anything that grows low as the plant is growing up almost grows out nearly level until it gets to the edge of the main plant and then it turns upward.
I've never seen another plant do that without tie downs and manipulations.

Because I have two other plants growing that are the same strain I've been thinking about either not topping one of them or not topping both of them because I may not have the room to finish them all. I have 5 500w lights that will each do a 5x5 area.. but unless I close off an area in my basement it's not environmentally a good place to veg. Although it may be a good place to flower. I don't want to find out it's not while in the middle of flowering five plants. 3 of which would be 4 foot in diameter each plant.

Dec 15th....coming up. What you see in this photo is 3 hours after the seed poked up out of the soil. In 3 hours it moved that much.

It's sitting on a napkin because it has a hand warmer in between that napkin to warm up that inch and a half by inch and a half planter.
And if they get wet they stop working so I water the plant like twice a day and wait for the run off to run out then wrap it in a napkin and set the little planter on top and off it went.
I've since bought a heating pad for seed germination. Them hand warmers are get expensive. Lol

20231215_103614.jpg

20231215_104353.jpg

So I brought my roommates plant up from the basement because it's too dry down there even with a humidifier running full blast non stop.
I need to cordone off some space and get some Mylar and 2x3's so that I can create a smaller environment to deal with.

Until then now I have five plants in my closet.

The largest plant was in front. Moved it to the back right.
The other plant you see all the way front right is an auto lemon haze and was in the basement.

The plant next to it is pistachio...maybe ...but is the same strain as the two back plants. So there are three possible pistachio plants. And the front left is another lemon haze auto.

So this week I am setting up the basement to flip the lights down there to 12/12.

I don't know if I should put those autos down there in the 12/12 or leave them up here once the lights flip.

I checked RH in my basement with no humidifier at all and it was down to 25%
Bad news.

With the humidifier it gets to about 40% and maybe 45 and very occasionally 50%
But that is dependent upon when the heater comes on. It's been in the teens lately outside and my bedroom is 57 degrees because the morons who did my heating system put two vents in my room but one doesnt blow any air.

I could put the largest plant on flower right now but it's too dry down there until I get that sorted out.

Not to mention I went back and looked at the mother plant at 5 to 6 weeks and it was way wider than this daughter plant. I believe it's because I murdered the fan leaves on this plant long before they had a chance to grow and the outward lower growth isn't really happening with this plant. By this time in the last cycle the plant had branches hanging over the edge of the bucket and it was two feet wide at the time. This one is barely out of the bucket so I figure I can just let it keep growing in veg till Friday and then whatever it's going to be it will be.

Strangely the other two plants which are the same strain...one of them looks perfect and the other is all wrinkly and smaller. And it was larger and one day older until it was left in the basement for one night. But it was wrinkly before that.

Big regrets not filling these buckets to the top. I went with one inch from the top and prewatered then added more media and it still sunk inches in every container.
Just a different mix than the last time and it surely makes a difference which soil you use. I guess I will learn as I go

20240122_091804.jpg

Just found these white areas on this plant today. Every single flower area has this now.
At one point I thought the mother plant was an auto. Because of how it was acting. Remember....I just believe this is pistachio. And the only plant I found that appeared to be the same strain was a hydro auto pistachio online.

This plant changed over night and has what appears to be white hairs growing out of where it's normally all green new growth.

So....is it possible this is starting to flower? The seed was popped on Dec 15th. It's in its fifth week now. By 3 days

It's right around the time it would start too if it is an auto.

My lights are 19/5

20240122_111322.jpg

20240122_110937.jpg

Yes, those look like pistils to me. Flower.
Now I have something to test.
Just went back and looked at the mother plant at over 6 weeks. ( This plant is at 5 weeks 3 days)
The mother plant did not start flower until I flipped the lights.

But I think there is a reason for that.....

My lights were 23/1 from seedling to flip.

So what if....just what if you can manipulate the veg cycle of an auto by your light cycle being cranked up to 23/1?
Could be that power and spectrum is involved but I don't know that for sure.

I now have to test this theory. And I will. Next grow same strain.
I still have four seeds from that plant.

Every person who responded to my lights being on 23/1 last time told me I was overdoing it and that they need their darkness. That they do a lot of growing in darkness. Of which I agree. A lot of this plants growth occured in darkness. But the last grow at 23/1 also had growth that showed every day when I went to work and came home it was clear how much they grew.

My last pistachio auto was one week ahead of the other three plants. And here is a photo of them all at 6 and 7 weeks under 23/1. The pistachio auto is back right and the other three plants are smaller but they are 6 or 7 days behind the rear right plant.

That is under 23/1 and the auto flowered a bit faster than the other plants as well even though the lights were all flipped at the same time....the pistachio was alone in my closet because it was near 4 foot in diameter and the flowers grew really fast. The plants that were in the basement (blueberry pancakes x 2 and fortune cookie) eventually caught up to finish at the exact same time. But I was seeing amber trichs on the plant way earlier and just let it go. I never got to 30 percent. But I was definitely at 15 or 20.

So....the pic below is the mother plant in the back right at over 6 weeks.

20240122_131310.jpg

No, I have three grow journals and a mushroom diary.

The two I was talking about was a Northern Lights (a) and a Strawberry Cheesecake (a) are both on 12/12 with my photo period strains.

Check the second and third journal in my signature.
Been wanting to grow northern lights because I believe it's at least close to an original strain and one that I remember from long ago before all these strains were created.

I will check that out. Thanks

Tonight I will bring my multi tool home and will cut about two or three inches odd the top of these white buckets.
It's the only way I can think to let out the branches doing curls in the bucket. 😂

I guess It sunk. All of them. I will have to remember that next time. And I bought enough BX soil for ten more grows. So I'm stuck with it for at least a while.

That plant will be as big as it's mother plant minus some bottom branches by Friday. Its already hanging a bit lower than the bucket top. And it's 4 inches lower in the bucket than the other plant was.

The lemon haze auto front right has 8 nodes.
And the lemon haze auto on the left front has 7 nodes already.

Strange how the one on the right slowed like it was stunted in the basement. I guess it didn't like the low humidity.

20240123_143910.jpg

Weed on the shelf in plastic bags?:eek:

You might be on to something customizing then buckets, I'm a big fan of making it fit.

All my pots, soil usually settle about 15%. Enough room to hold some water when I feed them otherwise she like to trickle over the side....that's money on the floor.

I can't think of who the grower is, but he grows all his auto's on 12/12.

Look at the two auto's I am growing under 12/12.

TR
Tok am I wasting money having my lights on 24 hours a day?

Weed on the shelf in plastic bags?:eek:

You might be on to something customizing then buckets, I'm a big fan of making it fit.

All my pots, soil usually settle about 15%. Enough room to hold some water when I feed them otherwise she like to trickle over the side....that's money on the floor.
Hah. I didn't even think about those bags. They are the leaves that are nipped from deep in flowers from the last grow. Four strains. I clipped the area of every leaf that didn't have trichs (tips of leaf segments) and put all trich covered leaf parts in the bags to dry for bubble hash or who knows. A friend makes butter. Probably give it to my nephew though.
but it does look crazy on the shelf. Lol

here is the clipped buckets.

it just got too deep in the bucket this time. So it has to be cut. And the lemon haze is too big to have been trapped in that bucket too.
I will have to use foam blocks to keep it's leaves out of the sand when it gets watered.

it's just so damn low in thode pots. Like the plant just kept slinking down in the soil. Probably should have buried them deeper.

20240123_193422.jpg

Anybody ever top a plant and it appears that only one top is growing back?

Kinda frustrating to stunt my plant and not get a benefit. It was two days ago when I topped it so I am torn.

Should I just cut the node under it and hope it grows two stems or should I wait and see if the second stem starts?
20240124_113641.jpg

Lemon haze autos....
And a very strange thing when it comes to them.

The tall one has 8 nodes. The short one has 7 nodes. The difference in height is that the short younger ones lengths between nodes is less than an inch. And the taller ones nodes are very different.
One inch better first and second node. Inch and 3/4 between second and third node. 2 and a half inches between 3 and 4.
3 and a half inches between 4 and 5.
Then three inches between 5 and 6. Then one inch between 6 and 7.

The taller plant is 10 days older. Difference in total overall height from soil top to plant top?
15 inches for plant 1 and 5 and a half for plant 2.
That is a crazy difference in height for the taller to have only one more node so far.
This same time 10 days ago the taller plant was much taller than the shorter plant is today.
But while the taller lemon haze was taller than the shorter lemon haze at its same point in life..... The taller one had just started its secondary growth areas 11 days ago whereas the shorter plant had all of its secondary growth already well under way after a week. And it's been booming.
It's almost as if the secondary growth is waiting for the top to go higher.

So two of the same strain planted ten days apart where the only difference is bucket type and my roommate didn't feed the taller plant when it was supposed to be fed and I fed the younger plant completely according to Dr earth schedule using the entire system this time. Also my tips have a very very slight yellowing. I mean super minor and the taller plant has much deeper yellow tips.

On the Dr Earth system...

Why do I use Dr Earths system?

Because it doesnt stink my house up and its pretty thorough.

Only a nice smell from the plants is in my room.

20240124_111504.jpg

20240124_111425.jpg

Back
Top Bottom