BiggMakk's Pure Tranquility In Soil Regular Photo

I'm completely illiterate when it comes to the pH testing water nutes stuff. However, could the water from the shot glass, could evaporation contribute to the lowering pH
I won't rule anything out at this point. However, the first run of this test, all containers had a rise in pH. I think something may have dropped into the shot glass to lower the pH but I don't see any visible debris. So far, all of the evaporation has increased the pH except for the shot glass in the 2nd test.

Day 64​

Day 49 of vegetative stage​

Watered 1 gallon of filtered water with 1 tbsp each of Big Bloom and Grow Big. Water/nutes poured into the SWICK base.

pH: 5.8 (a little lower than the 6.0 I have been aiming for since the pH drift upward is being observed)
EC: 1540
PPM: 3026

Averages over the last 24 hours:
Temperature: 73.5° F
Humidity: 58.0%
VPD: 1.22 kPa

Thanks for stopping by and having a look.

Day 68​

Day 1 of flowering stage​

After 52 days in veg, I flipped to 12/12 on the lights to begin flowering. Not sure what I was waiting for other than it's my first time making it to flowering on a regular plant and I don't know when to flip for sure. The plant has filled the tent horizontally as much as it can, so I flipped it. Still no clear indication of gender but I hope that changes in the next week. Sealed up the holes as much as I could to prevent light leaks.

Watered 1 gallon of filtered water poured into the SWICK base.

pH: 5.5

Temperature: 74.0° F
Humidity: 60.4%
VPD: 1.15 kPa

Thanks for stopping by and having a look. By look, I mean here's a picture!

Time to start making flowers of some kind​

Day 76​

Day 7 of flowering stage​

Well, crap. We're supposed to learn from our mistakes. I went down and checked on the plant yesterday. The plant looked fine. The floating water level indicator said the SWICK base was about half full. I guess my brain was about half working. I KNOW those floats stick. I have a new digital soil moisture meter that was reading 0% but I ignored it because I just started using it and wasn't sure it was working. Of course, the plant was dry. Today when I looked, it was drooping, severely. Shame on me.

So I mixed up some early flowering nutrients and supplements according to the FoxFarm schedule: Big Bloom, Grow Big, Tiger Bloom, Big Foot Mycorrhizae, Open Sesame, and Cal-Mag. All that in 1 gallon of RO water. Applied a little bit to the top and the rest in the SWICK base. I'm sure it will recover but I have to learn from the mistakes. More water in a couple of days. It's already perked up considerably. The soil moisture meter says 33% so I know it's working.

pH: 5.6
EC: 2761 µS
PPM: 1392

Temperature: 74.2° F
Humidity: 51.1%
VPD: 1.46 kPa (need to work on getting this down closer to 1.00)

(No picture tonight as I'm too embarrassed. Trust me, it's drooping.)

Day 79​

Day 10 of flowering stage​

As expected, the plant recovered just fine from my mistake. Finally get to make the gender reveal!!!

It's a boy!!!​

This doesn't change much for this plant. Since I don't think this strain is available anywhere (the breeder got out of the business) it is important that I collect some pollen so I can propagate some seeds of this strain. I still have 8 seeds so I should be able to create seeds from a future female. Doesn't hurt to get practice keeping a plant flourishing during the flowering phase.

Added a gallon of RO water to the base.

pH: 5.4
EC: 11 µS
PPM: 5

Temperature: 69.6° F
Humidity: 64.4%
VPD: 0.89 kPa (much better)

Thanks for stopping by and having a look. And here's a post-recovery picture.

Day 82​

Day 13 of flowering stage​

This grow is nearing its end. Lots of male flowers. They look like they are ready to start opening so I'm checking it every day. I turned off the circulating fan. I don't want pollen blown all over the tent if they do open before I can harvest. Added a gallon of RO water to the SWICK base. Looks like I can start a couple of new plants this weekend.

pH: 5.6
EC: 111 µS
PPM: 54

Temperature: 69.5° F
Humidity: 64.7%
VPD: 0.88 kPa

LOTS of 'naners!​

Big growth in the last week​

Back
Top Bottom