Photo period manipulation?

Modimane

420 Member
So I began most of my plants indoor and slowly transition them outside. My question is what if I didn’t want them to veg the entire summer. Is there a way to manipulate the flip to flower? For example, could I take the plants that are in 5 gallon pots and put them back inside for a few days under 12/12 lighting to flip them into flower? Or will I have to just wait out?

Getting them to 12/12 should start the flower, but once you start, you can't stop. If they go from 12/12 to longer light hours, they'll flip back into veg. It'll cost you weeks to get them back into flower when you get them back into 12/12.

If you want to manipulate the light outside look at light deprivation greenhouse or light dep. I'm not sure how you would do it otherwise without some kinda structure to drape a black sheet over for light dep. They even have greenhouses with motors to pull the sheet over automatically

Some examples
20200502_063622.jpg
20200502_063634.jpg
20200502_063646.jpg

Or let it flower out naturally with the seasons

Getting them to 12/12 should start the flower, but once you start, you can't stop. If they go from 12/12 to longer light hours, they'll flip back into veg. It'll cost you weeks to get them back into flower when you get them back into 12/12.
Thank you for the feedback. I am going to experiment with one of the ladies. The rest I am going to let nature do the work.

I did that last year. Had a plant in a pot outside, started bringing her inside in the evening, out in the morning. She was getting too big for the pot. It was nice to have a harvest 6 weeks early, but I don't think I'd do it again.
Started growing outside because I had to dismantle my indoor space, otherwise I definitely wouldn't have done it. Bringing outdoor plants inside risks bringing outdoor pests into your grow space.

Back
Top Bottom