Pictures on when to harvest: Trichome colours

:bong: You haven't said much. Growing since April. Inside? Outside? If it's inside how long has it been on 12 12?
If out side, wait till deer season, then hope you decide to harvest before someone else harvests for you.:bravo:

Outside grow. I don't have to worry about someone else harvesting it other than when the choppers start circling. But other than waiting for deer season, how do I determine when it's ready? Will I be able to actually tell that the trichomes are changing to amber color by just paying close attention to them since I am without a microscope?

Good news! I found a way to get a good close up view of my trichomes! They are clear and look like they are starting to get kind of milky. So the question now is, will they change fairly rapidly or am I still looking at a couple weeks? Like I said in the last post, it is an outside grow, forgot to mention im back in the Appalachian mountains (eastern U.S.), it is in a good clearing so it gets full sunlight for about 10 hrs a day, regular watering, not currently using any fertilizer because I know I'm getting close to harvest and am afraid of not having time to flush. With that being said, is there something I should be using that I can get from my local feed store or lowes without jeopardizing taste or quality? Or something I should do or not do nearing harvest? Once again any insight is greatly appreciated by me and my buds! And thank you BootUmAll for taking the time to read and reply to my questions.

Aloha Jeremyt,
My opinion and from what I know is when the trichromes are clear to milky the high is an uppy high. When you harvest when the trichroms are mostly amber it is more medical and sleepy couch lock type high. So on that, I personally like to harvest some plsnts that have clear trichroms so I can do things instead of wanting to sleep. Trichromed from clear, milky and than amber is about a week apart from each color stage. At least here in Hawaii. This is just my experience so maybe someonr closer to you may have digferent turning times. Just trying to help and keep iy green. Aloha

I think I need some help. I think that I am near harvesting so I flushed my plant and have not fed it nutrients since then. The leaves are turning yellow and so now I am afraid that I made a mistake. My trichroms are still clear. I am going to make RSO for medical reasons so I sure don't want to mess up now. Should I give them some nutrients?

Are you growing outdoors? The leaves will start to yellow and die as the plant reaches it's maturity. Are the trichomes translucent and clear?
I would be patient and check your trichomes everyday.

I am growing indoors and the plants have been very healthy up until now. The trichomes are still clear and hopefully they will get milkey and amber soon. I hate to see the plants unhealthy looking. It only happened when I flushed them and have not given them any nutes since then. I had been giving them Tiger Bloom before the flush. Do you think I should give them some now?

photo652.JPG
photo650.JPG

I think I have uploaded 2 pictures but they may be on their sides. I couldn't change that. The leaves are getting pretty yellow.

1410730626956.jpg
1410730669515.jpg
1410730747234.jpg
1410730789324.jpg
20140914_175958.jpg
20140914_180015.jpg
20140914_180025.jpg
20140914_180123.jpg
20140914_180311.jpg
Ok guys, I got a few pics now. The trichomes on the actual buds are all milky, but on the smaller leaves growing out of the buds are milky and and quite a few are amber. Should I be paying more attention to the trich's on the bud or on the lil leaves in the buds? I'm thinking it's time to cut her down in a couple weeks and dry her out! What do y'all think?

Those are beautiful buds Lindylynn! I'm not a master green thumb but I think as long as the buds are doin good and not wilting or anything and the trichomes are goin thru their color change then I would continue to flush and just keep a close eye on it. But plz don't take just my word for it as I may be wrong, I am not able to grow indoors so everything I have learned from experience is from growing outdoors, so u might wanna get a few more opinions from some more experienced indoor farmers! Just from what u have told us and by looking at the pix of those awesome buds is what makes me think u should keep feeding with clean water. Good luck

20140921_150828.jpg

Just want to say thx to everyone that shared their knowledge and experience with me. I have had my best harvest this year thanks to all of you! But with that being said, some new questions have arose! While I was checking out my beautiful green gal I noticed a n ugly spot on one of the buds. So I'm wondering if I need to cut this place out now that it's been cut and hung up to dry? Is it going to keep spreading even tho its been cut down?
Also, I don't exactly have a place to dry with a controlled climate. But I do have a shed with power to it that has a 3 sped standing house fan in it. Is there anything I can do to help make sure it dries somewhat correctly? Should I leave the big "sucker leafs" on it while drying or should I leave it as is? Or any other specific measures I should take for optimal drying and curing?

I am not sure I agree 100%...

I flush when all the tri's are milky...by the time it's ready to harvest I have mostly amber tri's...but if you wait to harvest until they are all amber you are going to start loosing potency.

I have NEVER in my life heard of harvesting at different times for different body highs. A plants gentetics are the plants genetics...

I could be full of shit too but I have been growing for over 2 decades and know at least 10 other professional growers who would not agree totally with this post...in my humble opinion!

it isn't genetics it is plant maturity. the type of cannabinoids changes with maturity, from thc to cbd. if you want a head buzz go with clear/ cloudy. for more of a body buzz and treating pain, some amber/ cloudy, imo. heading for 5 decades of growing in a few years.... j

The second post sounds like it was straight lifted out of Rosenthals grow book. But that is the correct answer for sure remember if your growing on a large scale it all won't be the same ripeness. If you're growing on a small scale you can harvest each cola and bud at its peak

Wow! It's beautiful! U have done excellent my friend! I must say, I'm very jealous for those who get the opportunity to blaze that superb herb! It's not possible for me to get my hands on such grade A seeds! Thank u to all my fellow stoners and growers here that provide us with such "top shelf" smoke!

Wow! It's beautiful! U have done excellent my friend! I must say, I'm very jealous for those who get the opportunity to blaze that superb herb! It's not possible for me to get my hands on such grade A seeds! Thank u to all my fellow stoners and growers here that provide us with such "top shelf" smoke!

dude just get into a seedbank,and order,i live where u cant buy seeds also,but,the invention of the postman
had save us all:)

Back
Top Bottom