Pizza Shop Sold Pot, Too

Cozmo

Mia Bella Pizza in Hamilton, police say, offered a special ingredient.

In addition to ordering pepperoni, cheese and mushrooms with their pizza, some customers also were ordering marijuana, police said.

That's because the pizza shop's manager and co-owner, police say, was dealing drugs while behind the counter, police said.

Brian Wallace, 32, of Colerain Township, was arrested and faces drug charges in both Hamilton County and Butler County.

First, Butler County Sheriff's deputies raided Mia Bella Pizza shop at 2528 Pleasant Avenue on Tuesday after a months-long undercover operation where they say they bought marijuana several times from Wallace.

During the Tuesday raid, police said they found Wallace behind the counter — with $1,400 in his pockets, two pounds of marijuana, scales and plastic bags.

Then they joined with agents from Regional Narcotics Enforcement — made up of Cincinnati police and Hamilton County Sheriff's deputies — who went to Wallace's Forfeit Run home and found pot plants growing, another 36½ pounds of pot, and pills.

Police estimated the street value of the seized marijuana at $45,000.

Butler County officials charged him with possession of drugs and trafficking in drugs.

Wallace was in Hamilton County today to face charges from the raid on his Colerain Township home. In Hamilton County, he is charged with trafficking in drugs, possession drugs and cultivating drugs.

Wallace's attorney today said the pizza shop is owned by Wallace's father but is managed by Wallace.

Wallace was ordered held in Hamilton County on a $200,000 bond.

today i was reading my local paper, and there was an article about this little market that was across the street from the high school i graduated from had been shut down... they had been suspected of this for a while, and the police raided them, they found pot, other drugs, baggies, and apparently they had been selling the drugs to the high school kids during the last school year. the owner and employee tried to run but they were caught. i couldnt believe it. when i was in school that market was closed. just thought i would share...

wonder how they found out did they follow all the cancer and aids patients who said that was the only place they could eat out at and keep the food down .....

Back
Top Bottom