Plant is dead

haildir12121

Okay so I had two plants. There both just getting into Veg.

They were in plastic cups until I moved one into a bigger container. I transplanted it very carefully, added soil, watered. Overnight, its like dead. What exactly happened? Im not to concerned as they were from bag weed and such, but I just would like to know my mistake.

Pics?

Are you sure its dead? Did it just droop and fall over?
Do you know the temps of the room and water you gave it?
What kind of soil are you using?
How tall was it when you transplanted?

Pictures would be great. But Advanced Nutrients makes a product called Revive. It works great, I have had to use it a few times and it works like a charm.

Okay. Here's a pic, Crappy quality. :(

IMG_20101213_092140.jpg

It's hanging over the side of the milk jug. Not looking good.

Temperature - About 70 degrees
Soil - No idea
Fertilizer - None.
Size - About 6"

The reason I moved it into a bigger pot was cause it was falling over and bent in half (Accident caused by girlfriend)

I dont think it was a good idea to transplant it right after the accident. You should really be transplanting after vigorous growth.

I probably would of left him in the smaller cup and got him a crutch until he could stand on his own before transplanting.

Edit: You still might be able to save him.....its hard to tell the condition of the plant though that pic. It looks very thin in the stem. Whats your lighting situation?

It was on a crutch for a good week before I moved it. But I guess if thats the problem then I have learned from my mistake, Thank you. Ha.

Any other ideas? The soil was incredibly dry when I checked it this morning, Maybe I failed to water it enough when I transplanted it yesterday?

Its hard to say without knowing all the specs.

What kind of light are you using? If the light is weak or too far away the seedling might have stretched then the accident did him in, and he was too weak to recover from it plus a transplant. That would be my guess with the information given.

Edit: Also Damping Off could have occured. This is a fungal infection that gets seedlings. The base of the stem rots and he falls over and dies. Low light, High humidity and low temps as well as waterlogged medium all contribute to this. 70 degrees is a bit low for seedlings 75 is better

I see. Makes since. Just to much overall stress? My other plant, from same weed, is growing perfectly fine, Actually amazingly great. Ha. It has to be the transplant that did it in. Im keeping it to the light, Added some water and im hoping it comes back, If not oh well. Thanks for the help.

Oh the light is a Fluorescent I bought from Walmart for 10 bucks. 2'.

My guess: you didn't have a fan on them?

Make sure to have a fan pointed at them all the time so they vibrate and grow big thick stems. My first grow ended when they all just fell over because their weak stems couldn't handle the new growth, and it got infected at the weak point.

It was on a crutch for a good week before I moved it. But I guess if thats the problem then I have learned from my mistake, Thank you. Ha.

Any other ideas? The soil was incredibly dry when I checked it this morning, Maybe I failed to water it enough when I transplanted it yesterday?

Too dry soil is not good in a transplant.

Needs to be watered in well.

Plant looks FUBAR

DD

Back
Top Bottom