Plant ready to harvest already?! Not enough mass but all orange hairs and curly!

hydromaniac

Hi guys, I am a first time grower, growing in DWC, with organic botanicare line up.
this strain is Herojuana from motarebel , its week 7 of flowering since sex shows.
the site i got it from says 70 days flowering which is 10 weeks. but seed finder says 7-8 weeks flower.
now i dont know what to believe and the plants looks like they are very close to be done to me, but i cant tell for sure, some trichs on top are milky to amber but the rest on the lower are all clear. some white hairs here and there but mostly orange hairs curling inward.

how long do you think till harvest? should i flush now?!

any help is appreciated thanks.
IMG_20130523_010233.jpg
IMG_20130523_010155.jpg
IMG_20130523_010152.jpg
IMG_20130523_010110.jpg
IMG_20130523_010130.jpg

Hi Hydro,

You've obviously done your reading and/or had the benefit of tutalage from an experienced grower. Couple of quick questions. What level of Amber/Cloudy trichrome development are you shooting for? Also, how long do you plan to flush. What is your current light schedule.

While the pictures are good, there are still a few things that don't translate (i.e. firmness/density of the buds). I'm going to suggest that you could have 10 - 14 days left pretty easily as they are. Unless the orange just isn't translating in the photo's or I'm mistaken, I think this strain gets even more orange than I'm seeing in the photo's.

Assuming your on a 12/12 schedule, you might consider reducing the hours of light a little more providing the plants a little more time to pack on some weight without driving the trich change as much.

Gardening via website can be pretty inexact but as the day comes to a close I know others will jump on and chime in. I think your okay for a bit though.

Good luck and be well.

PS. Really nice first grow man!!!!! +Reps

TanR,
Thank you for your help, my schedule is 12/12. the hairs are pretty orange and dark there are still white hairs but some orange hairs are easily falling off. I know i have at least a week left but wanted to make sure I start flushing the right time. I would like the trichs to get pretty amber 50-70% but i dont know if this has to be all over the plants or only on top canopy? the bottom branches are obviously a lot more immature. I will try the more dark hours this weekend. I plan to flush for 5- 7 days. (unless that sounds unreasonable)

TanR,
Thank you for your help, my schedule is 12/12. the hairs are pretty orange and dark there are still white hairs but some orange hairs are easily falling off. I know i have at least a week left but wanted to make sure I start flushing the right time. I would like the trichs to get pretty amber 50-70% but i dont know if this has to be all over the plants or only on top canopy? the bottom branches are obviously a lot more immature. I will try the more dark hours this weekend. I plan to flush for 5- 7 days. (unless that sounds unreasonable)

Ps: Flush for at least one week! It will be all over if you wait more 1 or 2 weeks :)

sorry i wasnt sure which forum was the right place and i though it would be more appropriate here but cant delete other post.

Thanks a lot I have pictures from the beginning i am new the forum is there a place you can put reports or grow journals on ?
I was just really scare because i felt like the buds were maturing too fast but not packing any density or size.

Hydro,

I have experience only in soil, so I'm not the right person to comment on the length of the flush in DWC.

One thought though the difference between the top and bottom branches is that you might consider cuttting them at different times when your ready to harvest. Say cut the top 1/3rd or 1/2 of the buds and the rest as those trichomes reach your desired level of maturity. You might even lower your lights down a little once the top portion has been cut. I can't imagine there would be more than 3-5 days difference between the two chops. Just food for thought.

Hydro,

I have experience only in soil, so I'm not the right person to comment on the length of the flush in DWC.

One thought though the difference between the top and bottom branches is that you might consider cuttting them at different times when your ready to harvest. Say cut the top 1/3rd or 1/2 of the buds and the rest as those trichomes reach your desired level of maturity. You might even lower your lights down a little once the top portion has been cut. I can't imagine there would be more than 3-5 days difference between the two chops. Just food for thought.

great advice i will see if I can try that out.

sorry i wasnt sure which forum was the right place and i though it would be more appropriate here but cant delete other post.

Thanks a lot I have pictures from the beginning i am new the forum is there a place you can put reports or grow journals on ?
I was just really scare because i felt like the buds were maturing too fast but not packing any density or size.

Grow Room - Grow Journals - Post New Thread :)

I have seen a lot of orange hairs with Clear/Cloud trichomes only so they will get more bigger... :thumb:

Grow Room - Grow Journals - Post New Thread :)

thanks for all the help everyone! So does everyone agree and think i should start flushing this sunday and wait for a week then check trichs and chop if ready?

i started a journal with the pictures, will update after i harvest and smoke
(journal : 1st Grow in RDWC with Herojuana OG).

thanks for all the help everyone! So does everyone agree and think i should start flushing this sunday and wait for a week then check trichs and chop if ready?

i started a journal with the pictures, will update after i harvest and smoke
(journal : 1st Grow in RDWC with Herojuana OG)

Yes! :)
I will follow the thread man.

Back
Top Bottom