Planting indoor clones outside?

Its a good idea to take them outside part of the day and back inside, (if you can) it will make them stronger and better adjusted to the rays of the sun, not so much shock,

but yes, good luck :peace:

Don't put her in full sun. She needs to be hardened off. Place her in the shade even if it is for the whole day. A clone/or seedling cannot handle the direct sunlight in the beginning.

I place my clones in a shady spot near the garage for a couple days and then I get geared for a hike and plant in random locations. I bring along a small shovel and some Budswel guano. Good luck and if you any seeds laying around from some SCHWAG then plant those along your local highways. Overgrow the Government :slide:

If you are going to put them straight out, I would wait a few weeks until late april early May and do what the others say by putting them in a shady area for a week or so. Waiting a couple more weeks might lessen the chance of rain and the hours of the sun is perfect during this time. I guess it all depends on where u live in So. Cal you will be alright right now. But i live in Nor. Cal and it rains here through April. If it rains for a couple of days after you put them out they could go into shock or even make them go into flower.

Hello:) I am a very good outdoor grower. I have done it for years since i was young because of my hippy mentors.
The only thing is...i grew from seed for so many years on the prayers that i would get most females. And alot of gorilla growing.
The clone thing is pretty new to me...so here is my question. For the last 2 years i've gotten my clones pretty early and never put them under lights. What has happened however, is the plants bud too early. I had been advised to add alfalfa, alot of water, pick off the buds and they will go back into veg state and be ok. Well, that worked for 2 yrs in a row now, but i'm sure i lost some yeild from it. Last year they budded and i picked off the buds and they stunted and i had to start over again in late May. Real bummer even though i got a pretty good crop considering.
So, this year, i just got my clones and i am putting them under lights 18/6. Well, actually, i put them outside in a shady place when the light comes out so they can get strong and have the wind whip through them. I also am good at petting them and giving them good energy. Always have been good at that. They love it.
But really, it works out to be 18 hrs sun 6 dark.
My question is this: is this the right lighting time? I don't know what kind of light cycle they were on before i got them and i won't be putting them in the ground until May 11. All astrologically and by the moon phase.
That is my question. Is it good to have them on the 18/6 lighting pattern and then just take them out of that and have them in the natural setting on May 11.
Please let me know if you do anyone!
thanks
girlgrowsgood:Rasta:

yeah 18/6 is good and i also read that they were budding too early one of my theories is that this happens because when they are outside sunrise and sunset equal up to or close to 12hrs and night time is also 12hrs so what i think happens is that this triggers them into flowering, and yeah keep them under 18/6 this will keep them in veg cycle and when your ready to move them in may they will be ready but like all of the above slowly introduce it the natural setting and after a while the plant will adapt and you can have it out all the time!

Woah ~ good answer! I so appreciate that 18nightskunk. As you know, us growers we loose sleep sometimes over these kinds of things. Lots of energy goes into growing a good crop. Alot of prayers and magic. Some people just don't even know the stress behind it...but hey, i wouldn't do it if it weren't worth it:):) in all kinds of ways. I get better every year. I think the most interesting thing i ever grew was trainwreck. I love purple kush and also i love jack herer. Afgan and purple kush this year again. I wanna find some trainwreck for next year just for the wierdness of it.
LOL xoxox

I know what you mean lol like maybe 2 weeks into my grow i was already stressing out its kinda like a job but the payoff at the end is way much rewarding, and good to hear that your getting better every year practice makes perfect! ohh trainwreck is good! but i have also tried Afgan and purple kush and those are good as well looking forward to checking out your grow! you should start a grow journal!

Girlgrowsgood,
You will be fine with the 18/6 cycle, I also live in Nor Cal and for the past few years I have had my clones under 24 hr light for max. growth. Until 2 weeks before i put them outside ( 2nd week in may ) i put them outside during day in shade for a few hours ( like you do ) but i also put them outside at night from midnight till 6 am, I heard from my many old school hippie friends that it helps them get used to the light of the moon. I don't know if it works but it doesn't hurt, they're not in the dark for more then 6 hours so it doesn't induce flower, and since i have done this i have had no problem with early flower. And I'm usually putting 2-3 foot plants out in early may.
I plant in 45 gallon grow bags with a local made soiless mix ( peat moss, coco husk, earthworm castings, perilite, oyster shells, rock dust and a little seabird guano.) and my yeild is average 2 lbs. per plant.
Hope the best to your season.... Good luck

Hey SoupDizzle:)
Yah~ I appreciate that response as it makes sense to me about the moon. Good one! I love the response. It's really helping me hone in on my baby girls. I love them. I'm doing some in grow bags and some in boxes. I pretty much make my own soil mix for the boxes with same ingredients. Hope the best to all of us and our outdoor crops:):) xoxo

At work we'd wait till they were decently into veg. I wouldn't try it with clones myself. If any doubt do a science experiment with a clone that doesn't really matter and see.

I tried placing a plant from seed in a corn field and a clone side by side and both are now large flowering, you would have a hard time guessing which came from which but it is being cared for nearly daily. The only problem with the clones I have used in the past is that clones do not have a tap root. The clones do well but have shallow root system from what I can tell, generally they have not produced like a seed plant, for me. Dry spells hurt the clone more than the plant from seed. If you can water clones regular they perform very well, but in a guerilla setting, ah, I have walked away from them. Just like my plants that I start inside and then place the starts outside, they go out in the night during a hard rain and wet period, they do very well. Place them out guerilla style during a dry spell and they die within days. Moon and stars mean nothing to me, I await a solid rain storm which can take until late June or early July for everything to come together. But I am just a cowboy looking to grow some stash to last for the year. Another experiment I am doing this year is on seed quality, I purchased very premium, mid priced and low priced seed from over sea's to see what produces, so far it looks like mid priced will be delivering the volume I look for.

I wouldnt be able to take them out for part of a day. It would have to be a one shot deal.

Has anyone else done this?

I've done it... and it STRESSED it... I should have at least used FILTERED sunlight...
I'm doing it again this year... I will move them to a semi shaded area of trees , and let them adapt
Then move them to their FULL SUN location...
Same for the Feminized seeds I'm planting...
This is basically what Nurseries do...
But they have the fancy overhead screen

Hello:) I am a very good outdoor grower. I have done it for years since i was young because of my hippy mentors.
The only thing is...i grew from seed for so many years on the prayers that i would get most females. And alot of gorilla growing.
The clone thing is pretty new to me...so here is my question. For the last 2 years i've gotten my clones pretty early and never put them under lights. What has happened however, is the plants bud too early. I had been advised to add alfalfa, alot of water, pick off the buds and they will go back into veg state and be ok. Well, that worked for 2 yrs in a row now, but i'm sure i lost some yeild from it. Last year they budded and i picked off the buds and they stunted and i had to start over again in late May. Real bummer even though i got a pretty good crop considering.
So, this year, i just got my clones and i am putting them under lights 18/6. Well, actually, i put them outside in a shady place when the light comes out so they can get strong and have the wind whip through them. I also am good at petting them and giving them good energy. Always have been good at that. They love it.
But really, it works out to be 18 hrs sun 6 dark.
My question is this: is this the right lighting time? I don't know what kind of light cycle they were on before i got them and i won't be putting them in the ground until May 11. All astrologically and by the moon phase.
That is my question. Is it good to have them on the 18/6 lighting pattern and then just take them out of that and have them in the natural setting on May 11.
Please let me know if you do anyone!
thanks
girlgrowsgood:Rasta:

Ive put 3' clones out mid may and was told too early. They might be right. I was told first 2 weeks of June. I also put out 3' clones in mid feb. and harvest May. Sometimes to reveg into 6 footers Oct

thru the years, i get all my starts going inside. wheather from seed, or cuttings. no diff. i transplant them, into four gallon pots, when they are ready. and, when the plants are a foot or so high, and have roots in the pot, i put them in the ground, sometime, first ten days of may. im in the pacific northwest, so, that seems to be best in my area. this year, i have one hollands hope, one frisian dew. supposed to be very early finishers. and, weather hardy.

thru the years, i get all my starts going inside. wheather from seed, or cuttings. no diff. i transplant them, into four gallon pots, when they are ready. and, when the plants are a foot or so high, and have roots in the pot, i put them in the ground, sometime, first ten days of may. im in the pacific northwest, so, that seems to be best in my area. this year, i have one hollands hope, one frisian dew. supposed to be very early finishers. and, weather hardy.

Can you have a spring crop where you are at?

Back
Top Bottom