Please check my plants, i need help

aash2009aash

here are some pictures of all my plants (total 7)
Most of 'em are doing fine but some are having little problems

One of the plants has black spots like shown in the pictures, one has orange type edge. Some are getting strange in color.. :-(
This is organic soil, mixed with low amount of fertilizer.
I spray them one time daily with plain water.
they're 20 days old.
I transplanted them 6 days ago.
temperature is normal.
humidity is normal.
lights are on 24/7
CFL 23watt , total 8 for now,i'll increase the lights as their size increases.
The plant in the fourth picture has mutation from birth.

No, i actually asked the guy the amount that i should use in it.
I said that i've some tomato plants, so he said i've to mix one whole packet into the soil of four pots.
so i did the same. and he said the plants will be perfectly fine. and i really mixed very little fertilizer.
Do the pictures show any particular type of problem ?

Some problems are distinctive but some look very similar so its easier if you give more info. The experts can help out better if they know more about your plants(are they clones or from seed), set up, lights etc. Have you checked pH on the water you are giving them? How often are you watering?
I like to keep a "dome" on my plants that young (greenhouse effect). Helps keep the humidity up etc. You can easily rig one up with cutting a 2 liter plastic bottle. :)

No, i actually asked the guy the amount that i should use in it.
I said that i've some tomato plants, so he said i've to mix one whole packet into the soil of four pots.
so i did the same. and he said the plants will be perfectly fine. and i really mixed very little fertilizer.
Do the pictures show any particular type of problem ?

I'd say the pictures show stunted plants, waiting for you to rectify whatever the problem is. Until then they won't grow:(

Is that just a top coating of sand? There's proper soil under that, right? If so, and your soil is amended properly, perhaps they're just thirsty? When did you water last and how much/ how often usually? Definitely something going on here. We need more info.

I watered them today.
lets see if it does any change.
Proper soil right.
I'm sure about the soil.
But yeah you're right the growth is very slow since i transplanted them. I am using purified water, i read somewhere that purified water has a ph of 6.5, I've not checked it yet though.
I've CFLs, 8 CFLs near them right now, i'll increase the CFL as they grow. They're seeds, not clones.

What happened to me when I used a purified water/distilled water is that I ran into a calcium and mag. deficiency as I didn't realize they take out some of the good stuff too when distilling. Just FYI

You should be watering and letting the soil dry for several days until the soil requires watering again. Is that a layer of sand on top of the soil? What type of filtration does your water have. Your filtered water will not likely have pH 6.5 and require pH adjustment.

Back
Top Bottom