Light cycle? Help please!

Zombieboy

Ok so I'm like into my fourth week of vegg. I have 6 200watt cfls on 5 blueberry plants from cropking. My current light schedule is simply 27/7 . what my question is, is that because I'm running 24/7 right now do i have to drop to a 12/12 cycle to begin flowering or can I drop from the 24/7 to an 18/6 and still properly induce flowering? The only reason I wanted to was because I just figured that the extra time under the lights in flowering might increase bud size ... Maybe ... This is my first grow and I'd love some help here. If you've read this thank you for your time.

It might get them to show their sex a little bit more, but it won't fully induce flowering until the dark cycle is around 12hours a day.

Ok so I'm like into my fourth week of vegg. I have 6 200watt cfls on 5 blueberry plants from cropking. My current light schedule is simply 27/7 . what my question is, is that because I'm running 24/7 right now do i have to drop to a 12/12 cycle to begin flowering or can I drop from the 24/7 to an 18/6 and still properly induce flowering? The only reason I wanted to was because I just figured that the extra time under the lights in flowering might increase bud size ... Maybe ... This is my first grow and I'd love some help here. If you've read this thank you for your time.

Unless the seeds are autos you need to flip to 12/12 to induce flowering. I run my veg tent at 18/6. I think all plants need some dark time. When I am ready I just move them into my flower tent that is at 12/12. The longer you veg the bigger the plant will be. With that being said, be careful not to let them get to big. Training during veg helps a lot. Depending on strain, you can get as much as 2-3 time growth with they start stretching in the first 2 or 3 weeks of flower. :peace:

Yeh ok cool .. Like I don't want to mess with the lights to early tho cuz i herd that will make them go Hermie on me... Is that true?

Yeah there like 2 feet now give or take I'm gonna let them vegg for a bit longer and just stick with the 12/12.. Thanks for your help . !!

Personally I don't like 24/7 light cycle. Let your girls sleep! To switch to flowering just simply go 12/12. People mostly get hermit problems by not having total darkness for the entire 12 hours. Check your room for light and make sure it stays dark. I wouldn't change your current light cycle until you want them to flower

Yeh ok cool .. Like I don't want to mess with the lights to early tho cuz i herd that will make them go Hermie on me... Is that true?

Very unlikely...

Normally it takes some bad environmental stress to cause hermie traits or serious light leaks during during the lights off period for em to go hermie on you.

As far as i'm aware when i use to use DLR aka diminishing light routine in flowering i got a several seeds in my bud & may of had minor hermie problem in late flowering in doing so.

But since i've stuck to 12/12 in flowering i'm full on sensimilla - seedless bud :thumb:

In veg i just use 16/8 (cfl) & works pretty fine for me, its normally under 14/10 when some strains may begin to flower early.

12/12 is the accepted standard practice to induce flowering tho.

In less ya growing autos ?

Yeh I thought they'd pretty much double in size during flower so I'm letting them get to about 2.5 feet before I change to 12/12.. There not In a tent or grow box so pretty much the sky is the limit ... I mean as far as indica goes . and BTW there not auto . someone asked earlier .

Oh yeh I've topped three times on each and I have been super croping .. When is the best time to lollypop?? Like at the end of flowering right ???¿¿

Back
Top Bottom