Light cycle problem! Please help!

starsabove

Hello guys, hope all is good.

I really need some advice - I was looking after a friend's mothers whilst he was away on business, I was just going in once or twice a day to check on them and water them - they are around 11-12 weeks old now. He had the light on a timer set to 16/8 but it turns out the timer was not working so they have literally been getting light 24/7 for about 6 weeks! (I was not party to this as I was going in broad daylight so wouldn't have ever known)

He wants to switch them back to a 16/8 cycle but is concerned that they will start to flower, as he does NOT want this to happen. Can this be done and if so, how? He doesn't want to cause stress to them especially at this stage as they are looking awesome. Damn technical issues!!!!!

So just to clarify, the mothers are 11-12 weeks old. They've been on a 24/0 light cycle for 6-7 weeks. He wants to put them back to 16/8 light cycle but does NOT want to induce stress or flowering. What's the best way to go about this?

Thanks everyone!

Re: light cycle problem!! Please help!

They need at least 10 or 11hrs of darkness to go into flower. It is the darkness that triggers them to go into flower.

I have had the very same thing happen with a timer before. You could set 20 on and 4 off for a day or two and then go to 18/6.

But there is no need for it.

I have never had one turn while running 18/6.

Re: light cycle problem!! Please help!

Wicked mate, thanks very much. Good to hear you've had a similar experience!! (But glad it all worked out ;-) lol)

Back
Top Bottom