Light Cycle Question

kaivorth

I have Auroroa Indica seedling I just started growing with LED lights. It's less than a week old. Currently I'm doing 24/7 lights on.

When I hit the 1 week mark, do I start the 18/6 cycle or is there a better time to do this? I'm also keeping the light pretty close to the plant now, 8"

Too close?

What type of led and wattage and I prefer 18- 6 light cycle, your plants need a chance to rest.:volcano-smiley:

I agree with Densenug. 18/6 so they have time to recover. Plants grow a lot in the dark. Weightlifters don't work chest every single day, you gotta take a break.

Side note - 8" seems way too close for a seedling! How is the plant handling it? Info on the led would help as well.

I agree with Densenug. 18/6 so they have time to recover. Plants grow a lot in the dark. Weightlifters don't work chest every single day, you gotta take a break.

Side note - 8" seems way too close for a seedling! How is the plant handling it? Info on the led would help as well.

Hey Kaiv I would raise your light up to about 24" and work your way down, that's a lot of light for a seedling. Everyone will have a diff opinion on light sch. I run 18-6 from seed till I start flower.:volcano-smiley:

Thanks guys! Rose to aprox 18"

The plant is about 3" tall, almost thought it was stretching so I wanted to make sure it didn't get any taller by moving the light closer. Sounds like I'll just harm her if I keep it that low. Just programmed the 18/6 cycle into my timer :D Thanks guys! I'll have a grow journal up tomorrow I think.

Not a lot of places in this world get 24/7 light, and where they do I'm not real certain cannabis grows there of its own volition.

That said, people do grow under such conditions. I'm in the 18/6 crowd though. It seems to me that 18/6 has some advantage beyond the electrical aspect, if you plan to foliar feed (spray at lights on) for example, or plan to spray for pests (spray at lights out), it helps to have a lights off period in both cases.

Just a thought to is to top it as soon as you can before it gets to strecthed out and let it grow sideways instead of straight up.

Back
Top Bottom