Please help diagnose these spots - pics and full plant background

My plants are starting to show what looks like either a Calcium or Potasium deficiency. May also be a result of using a high pH tap water from seed til last week. Just recently got my Hanna Ph meter and found that my tap was running at about 8.3 pH. As of last week I have been adjusting my watering/feed mix to 6.5 before applying.

One thing I have not done yet and know that I need to is determine the pH of the runoff water. Should I do this with straight tap water, pH adjusted tap water or my full pH adjusted feeding mix? And should I wait until the next dry cycle or go ahead and do now, they were just watered yesterday when transplanted.

There are no visible signs of pests. No mites no nats, nada.

Some of the bottom leaves are yellowing and dying as well. Primarily the 2 lowest leaves.

Plants are Hindu Kush and are growing in a potting mix comprised of:

1/3 Perlite
2/3's Miracle grow Sed starting Potting Mix
MG mix:
formulated from 90-95% sphagnum peet moss, perlite, fertlizer and a wetting agent. 0.05-0.01-0.05
Derived from ammonium nitrate, ammonium phosphate, calcium phosphate, and potassium sulfate

I'm not particulary fond of this mix but I'm going to get through this grow with it and switch to FF Ocean Forest for any new grow.

They are about 45 days old. They were forced into flowering at 2 weeks for about 2.5 weeks and started to bud a little before being put back to veg state. Not sure if this affects the nutrient balance within the plant.

They have been getting watered based on wet/dry cycle. I wait til the pot feels light and the surface is dry for an inch or 2 before watering or feeding. This seems to be about every 3-5 days. Just got transplanted to 3 gallon pot so it probably be closer to 5 days now. They just came out of a 7in x 7in x 9in pot.

Feeding:
When feeding have been adding technaflora B.seaweed (pure liquified B.C Kelp)10ml per qt (the higher end of recommended soil application. analysis is 0-0-1.0

Age Old Grow 12-6-6 2/3 strength with micro nutrients:
Boron: .02%
iron: .10%
Zinc: .05%
Copper: .05%
Manganese: .05%

Liquid karma: .1-.1- .5 fermented yeast, kelp seaweed extract 10ml/gal

Sweet: 0-0-0 magnesium 1.5%, sulfur 2.0%, iron .06% 10ml/gal

grow closet:

4 x 100 watt equiv CFL's and 2 ft t55 floro all at 6500K
18/6 cycle
Lightson temp 85-88 degress F. Humidity ~40%
Lightsoff 6 hours temp falls as low as 70-73 humidity 45%-50%

Please help :-/

Here are some pics.

IMG_1247.JPG

IMG_12481.JPG

IMG_12492.JPG

IMG_12502.JPG

IMG_12511.JPG

Wow! Those are darker than shit!!!! Try dropping your PH to about 6.2 and see how they act. I suspect the issues your seeing is from the too high PH. As for how to measure run off...all solutions put into your plant should be PH'd. ALL SOLUTIONS!

PS.
You will not be able to correct the damage already shown. You have to judge results from new growth.

Yeah it was the same mix. I don't have dolomite lime in there. I've seen there are some liquid dolomite lime soil ammendments out there should I get some of that?

If I go with FF Ocena Forest next grow will I need to add anything to that mix or is it good to go as is?

I ph tested the runoff water of my Flowering ladies yesterday. Recalibrated my meter and tested the water right from tap at 7.8. Added Liquid Karma and Tiger Bloom and the water went to 6.2. I left it at this pH and watered the flowering plants and the runoff was 6.1. They are using the same soil mix so it did not seem to change much passing through the soil. However I did not water super slow as described in an earlier post. I will def. try that in a few days when I need to water the vegging plants.

I thought indica's were naturally darker for some reason you think these are too dark? There was a little rippling/or curling of the leaves which look like side effects of pH problem. I tried to get my meter sooner but they sent the wrong one and I had to go through the whole return/exchange process.

Thanks for your feedback :smokin:

Back
Top Bottom