Please help - LED questions

DetroitAlt95

I have recently just purchased a 120 watt 1131 pcs red and 234 pcs blue. The power spectrum is Red 640nm and blue 460nm with a power factor of 97%. This op is my first indoor op and choose to try the LED. I go to a local dispensary and pick up very nice clones that are already a foot tall filled with sites.

With this LED i was wondering if anyone had used a 120 watt LED or knows how many plant could be grown through flower under them!

Look forward to responses
Thanks!
Austin

Hi there.

I am sorry to tell you that the purchased led won't grow any MJ. 120w split on a total of 1365 diodes is not powerful enough. you will have to go for 3w diodes at least.

Besides the wavelengths, those are fine, but you will need to look for a light with more wavelengths than two, to get a proper result.
You will need at least 2 different blues, 2 different reds, and a white in the warm range to cover up the whole range.

yep that sounds not to god.
With 120W 2 medium plants would be possible, but with 0,1W a LED :hmmmm:

Cheapest I would go with LED are Mars Hydro 3W per LED and about 200W real Watts witch is about 300W rated.
Like 100 x 3 or 96 x 3 Reflector.

Personally, if you want to do longer with growing, take a Platinum P 300.
That is the cheapest real good LED in my option.

All good and vey good LED are sponsors on 420 some with a little discount for members.
And plenty journals available for this manufactures to have a look at.

Your 1365 LED panel is actually made for housewives and grannies with a African violet or two they want to spoil.

I suspect your 120w LED panel actually uses 30 or 32w , if you were to check it with a kill a watt power meter.

I 2nd the vote for a new light , you can buy a Mars&Hydro 300w LED panel (180 wall watts) for $120 and be on your way to a real harvest.

Food for thought anyways.

Sorry to tell you DetroitAlt95, but those other guys are right. You could keep that panel and grow some lettuce or something green to eat, but I don't think you can grow a pepper plant under that light. Now of days, at least 6 colors are used for flowering.
The one thing that panel may be good for is cloning, I have found plants cloned under red and blue LED's show very little stress. Give that a try, but for flowering, forgetaboutit.

Back
Top Bottom