Please Vote Yes on Prop 19

cowboy

the other day (thursday) a car bomb went off in my sister city of juarez,mx. this is a major escalation of the war between the cartels. i live only 2 miles across the border in el paso this freaked me out. if any thing holds true,its that cali leads the way. please oh please talk to anyone and every one that will listen to pass prop 19 so that other states will follow. if i'm correct alaska is the only state to have legalized mj and cali will be tha second so lets get the ball rollin.:thanks:and ride them high:thanks:

No. Prop 19 may create another black market here with CA being the source of it. People in neighboring states may just cross over into CA, buy large amounts of legal MJ and smuggle it back to their states. This could then escalate into gang wars with FEDERAL enforcement of Marijuana in CA due ti the violence and thus, effectively shutting down all MJ presence, legal or not. Remember, even if 19 passes, the Federal Gov't will still view MJ as an illegal substance. I'm sorry for your troubles and concerns in Mexico as that is a situation I am very sympathetic towards. I have family in Thailand and the violence there has been raging for years in the rural areas. Even if the cartels in Mexico lose money because of legal MJ in CA, you really think they'll stop? No. Instead, they'll fight harder and the events will escalate as they vie for dominance in whatever illegal drug trade they can, be it *******, ****** or MDMA. Legal Marijuana won't do a damn thing to curb the violence in Mexico. Only swift, decisive action and leadership will do that.

And in Alaska, marijuana is no longer legal. That was a long time ago my friend.

No. Prop 19 may create another black market here with CA being the source of it. People in neighboring states may just cross over into CA, buy large amounts of legal MJ and smuggle it back to their states.

How can Prop. 19 recreate a "Black Market" that all ready exists?
That has been going on for decades now all of a sudden Prop. 19 is going to make it start happening?

No. Prop 19 may create another black market here with CA being the source of it. People in neighboring states may just cross over into CA, buy large amounts of legal MJ and smuggle it back to their states.

How can Prop. 19 recreate a "Black Market" that all ready exists?
That has been going on for decades now all of a sudden Prop. 19 is going to make it start happening?

It will not recreate a black market, it will shift it's physical locality to California's borders with states where Marijuana is not legal. Take prescription medication for example. It's cheap in Mexico. People buy their prescriptions in Mexico and drive home in the US and effectively circumvent high cost and in some cases, a doctor's Rx which is illegal. That is a black market. If Marijuana becomes legal here for recreational use without it being legalized on a federal level, then we will have a problem. Having a desired commodity that is easily available somewhere and strictly controlled or scarce elsewhere are the preeminent conditions of illicit trade.

Personally i doubt much of the smuggling will shift, mexiswag must be cheaper and easier to produce than high quality legal calibud, besides the smuggling routes already exist so no need for new infrastructure.
however many americans would probaly travel to cali as cannabis tourists
I think prop.19 should be voted yes on just on the principle that its better than how the rules are now, when(if) it gets passed its time to write up a new bill fixing the things that are wrong in prop.19.
if prop19 gets passed it would help legalization movements all over the world. people would be able to stand up and say look even bigbrother are legalizing it maybe its not so bad

Personally i doubt much of the smuggling will shift, mexiswag must be cheaper and easier to produce than high quality legal calibud, besides the smuggling routes already exist so no need for new infrastructure.
however many americans would probaly travel to cali as cannabis tourists
I think prop.19 should be voted yes on just on the principle that its better than how the rules are now, when(if) it gets passed its time to write up a new bill fixing the things that are wrong in prop.19.
if prop19 gets passed it would help legalization movements all over the world. people would be able to stand up and say look even bigbrother are legalizing it maybe its not so bad

If Mexican schwag drops below the price of legal, high quality California then I doubt the cartels will continue to produce it illegally since I would think that those looking for Marijuana would just buy the legal stuff. But like I stated, an illegal trade that involves legal marijuana and smugglers to bring it into neighboring states is a real possibility. The cartels may just get out of the growing business and get into the smuggling business. Bad news if they continue their usual business practices as I'm sure the federal government will do something to curb the violence. They might even decide to shut down all marijuana operation in CA, effectively making all the progressive Marijuana activists made simply moot. If California legalizes, I'm fairly certain we'll be the only ones. I've never heard the logic of this contagious legalization so many people swear is real.

I saw it reported on TV recently that due to the amount of deaths associated with and inflicted by the Mexican drug war (28,000 in the last 4 years), that Mexico is seriously considering legalizing marijuana to stop the violence.
Anybody else hear anything about this?

If Cali & Mexico both go legal, the world is sure to follow.

I saw it reported on TV recently that due to the amount of deaths associated with and inflicted by the Mexican drug war (28,000 in the last 4 years), that Mexico is seriously considering legalizing marijuana to stop the violence.
Anybody else hear anything about this?

If Cali & Mexico both go legal, the world is sure to follow.

Pretty sure all drugs are legal already in Mexico, at least possession is. Again, correct me if I'm wrong but the policy is that if you are caught with drugs in your system or in your possession then you are pointed toward the nearest rehab clinic rather than being arrested.

Like I stated earlier, I'm not really clear on your logic on why the entire world would follow in the path of Mexico and California. Has there been any past precedence of this?

Pretty sure all drugs are legal already in Mexico, at least possession is. Again, correct me if I'm wrong but the policy is that if you are caught with drugs in your system or in your possession then you are pointed toward the nearest rehab clinic rather than being arrested.

Like I stated earlier, I'm not really clear on your logic on why the entire world would follow in the path of Mexico and California. Has there been any past precedence of this?

man i did time in mexico and all drugs ARE NOT LEGAL over there.

but as u pont out possession of some drugs are legal and fun to do:}

as for prop 19 man i hope it pass. so much bull$hit goes on over pot its not funny and we don't need all this crap so if your in cali go rock the vote baby

docreefer......
stay high:}

VOTE YES ON 19:thanks:

I will definitely go to the polls this November as I always have. And after reading the language of prop 19, I'm voting no. I'd vote hell no if there was a box for it. I've got more rights as a medical patient. I got legal so why can't others?

I will definitely go to the polls this November as I always have. And after reading the language of prop 19, I'm voting no. I'd vote hell no if there was a box for it. I've got more rights as a medical patient. I got legal so why can't others?

Because Taxing Medical Cannabis and insisting on disabled people to have to Buy a recommendation every year is in itself Extortion. Is everyone all "Paid Up"

Because Taxing Medical Cannabis and insisting on disabled people to have to Buy a recommendation every year is in itself Extortion. Is everyone all "Paid Up"

How is this different from mainstream medication? Those who have health insurance have premiums to pay. Some of us opt to pay a co-pay for prescription drugs and/or see a doctor. Every time we fill a prescription, we may have to pay a certain amount. If someone who is disabled needs medication, there are several routes they can go to get what they need if they can't afford it themselves. Many dispensaries and delivery services already have their own programs in place to help those who cannot afford medicinal cannabis. Don't you think it would be a much more progressive effort to further refine and develop medicinal cannabis laws rather than hastily pass this bill with a chance that it might undermine many medicinal patient's rights?

How is this different from mainstream medication? Those who have health insurance have premiums to pay. Some of us opt to pay a co-pay for prescription drugs and/or see a doctor. Every time we fill a prescription, we may have to pay a certain amount. If someone who is disabled needs medication, there are several routes they can go to get what they need if they can't afford it themselves. Many dispensaries and delivery services already have their own programs in place to help those who cannot afford medicinal cannabis. Don't you think it would be a much more progressive effort to further refine and develop medicinal cannabis laws rather than hastily pass this bill with a chance that it might undermine many medicinal patient's rights?

Yes your right to a point but "Mainstream Medication" is usually covered by health insurance, until Medical Cannabis is to that point I will consider it extortion, to have to pay for something one self produces for medication.
I just makes sense to have non disabled people pay to Use Cannabis rather than the sick an disabled ones to have to pay to USE self produced Medicine, many who can not work.
At that point then the medical people should be able to rely on an old recommendation and not have to "Buy" a new one every year. Unless it is insurance covered, then the once a year "Extortion" would also be "Tax Deductible" is it now? No

Either way whether 19 passes or not the medical side is still not as good nor as effective and useful as it Could and Should be.

"People in neighboring states may just cross over into CA, buy large amounts of legal MJ and smuggle it back to their states."

- The only state that borders California that has not decriminalized MJ is AZ. I highly doubt that AZ is now going to be a Drug smuglers dream. Especially when you take into consideration AZ's new laws pushing possible smugglers back into Mexico due to a lack of non violent but illegal work.

"I've never heard the logic of this contagious legalization so many people swear is real."

- 28% of America is now legal on a state level. Sounds pretty darn contagious to me. While the entire world may not follow, the ones that see the potential profits will.

"I've got more rights as a medical patient. I got legal so why can't others?"

-I might be wrong but this would be making others legal. Prop 19 wouldn't be taking your rights, as they are now, away. Either you just like being special or your afraid your going to loose something...which is it? If you are afraid of loosing something what is it?

I hope your feeling well.......

Very well, thank you.

I'm fairly certain that none of the 50 states have decriminalized MJ for recreational use. Again, this is a thread concerning recreational use and its legalization. If you meant decriminalization for medicinal purposes then please clarify that.

While that 28% of America has some form of medical marijuana laws or medical marijuana legislation being considered, please bear in mind that California first passed prop 215 over 10 years ago and only 28% of the Union have medical marijuana programs or legislation. I hardly think that's contagious but rather progressive. Do you honestly expect Marijuana to be legalized the day after California passes prop 19? If not, I'd like to hear your timeframe for such an event and how you justify it.

As for my rights as a medical patient sustaining their integrity from the law under prop 19, if you read the initiative and refer to the H.S. Code it references (prop 215) you'll find that the language allows local government the option of taxing and regulating cannabis. It also allows local government to outlaw it all together and since the bill does not make a clear distinction between medical marijuana infrastructure (cultivators, dispensaries and doctors) and recreational infrastructure but refers to cannabis as cannabis as opposed to "recreational" vs. "medicinal" then the local government can shut down the presence of cannabis altogether and make the medical movement moot. Let's not forget that under prop 215 a legal patient can consume cannabis legally within the presence of minors which is common for those who eat their pot rather than smoke it. They can also be under the influence of cannabis in front of minors and cultivate cannabis in a home shared with minors. Also, with the Kelley decision in January this year, I can carry as much cannabis as I need while prop 19 will only allow me 1 ounce. There's also the Federal Government I will have to worry about. The current administration has already gone on record for ending it's disturbances on medical marijuana. They've also gone on record for being AGAINST RECREATIONAL marijuana. How will the DEA, FBI or any other federal law enforcement agency distinguish medical marijuana from recreational?

Back
Top Bottom