PM Issue Week 5 of Flowering

northgate

I am on my second medical marijuana grow in this room and am having a PM issue. For starters, here is my room info...

My Grow Room:
Deep Water Culture
Size:10x10
6 1000w lights air cooled
Ventilation: 2015CFM (fresh air)
5 Oscillating Fans

Unfortunately my heater went out for 3 nights so my humidity went high and my temp went high roughly 60/60. Due this this, I got a bunch of PM. I understand this will be a battle from here on out and plan on using a 9:1 ratio milk mixture to help control however my question is about the oscillating fans. It seems like turning them on will make this spread more, does anyone turn them off when dealing with this issue? It also seems like turning them off will cause the pm. I have dealt with PM and failed before and have been reading about this on the web for about 2 years. Any advice at this point would help... Thanks all in advance...

Room:
IMG_176411.JPG

PM example:
IMG_176611.JPG

:ciao:

My knowledge on PM is limited, however, what you have there seems like a fairly progressed case as once small amounts are identified it has already been inside a week or so...

As the disease advances you will notice slower growth, yellowing of leaves and finally death of the plants.

For prevention you want to stop temperature fluctuations between day and night would be my only suggestion as you have good ventilation and light intensity.

For control
- Increase air circulation and ventilation keep oscillating fans on :)
- space plants further apart if you can to increase airflow
- Ensure plants leaves are dry before lights go out
- Remove foliage that is more than 50% infected
- Avoid Excess Nitrogen, copper or Sulfur-lime in sprays.

Sprays:

- A mix of baking soda and water will change the leaves pH to 7 where the PM can't grow
- Bordeaux mix (search engine will have the recipe)

Hope that helps, good luck :Namaste:

If it was my grow I would remove all the fan leaves and lollypop them. Th PM is too far along, if they die from the shock the grow will be ruined anyway.

thanks I pulled a bunch of the fans leaves off and no shock so far.. plan on pulling the rest off within the week to try and avoid shock

It looks like you have a nice garden but for the PM. I was running six plants and the two White Widows would show PM once in a while. I used Green Cure and I used sulphur. I thought I had it licked but had a little spot a few weeks later. Bam, out of the room they went. To me, yours has spread beyond what I would smoke, even if not actively present at harvest. I like my lungs!

Back
Top Bottom