Police Apologize to Man Suspected of Carrying 5 Pounds of Marijuana

Wilbur

Two Los Angeles police officers, coming out of a convenience store, observed a suspicious looking bag in the back seat of a car. When the owner of the car returned, the man was asked to open the car and "step aside." The two officers then searched the car and analyzed the content of the bag. After realizing it was catnip, the officers chuckled, apologized and let the man go.

It turns out that the owner of the car is none other than Adrian Martinez, founder of DogCatRadio.com, a radio station that caters to pet lovers. He had just received the catnip earlier that day to be featured on an upcoming broadcast.

"My first thought was to run," says Martinez, jokingly. "We get a lot of products from companies and I carry anything from pet food to catnip in my car, however, I don't think I will be traveling with catnip anytime soon."

Since going from 200 listeners each week to over 3 million, the station reviews thousands of products for their listeners including pet supplies, home products and appliances, travel get-aways, automobiles, and various entertainment events.

Aside from offering music, news, product reviews, and travel tips for pet families, DogCatRadio.com, which was launched in June of 2005 by Martinez, features DogCat TV -- a weekly program with a variety of segments including pet fashion shows hosted by celebrities, cooking for your pet by the Pet Chef, pet training exercises by celebrity pet trainer Kathryn Segura, and where to stay with your pet when traveling by Jane Harris.

Newshawk: User - 420 Magazine
Source: DogCatRadio.com
Pubdate: 4 January 2007
Copyright: 2007 Market Wire

User said:
Two Los Angeles police officers, coming out of a convenience store, observed a suspicious looking bag in the back seat of a car. When the owner of the car returned, the man was asked to open the car and "step aside." The two officers then searched the car and analyzed the content of the bag. After realizing it was catnip, the officers chuckled, apologized and let the man go.

"suspicious looking bag", that seems a little light for probable cause on a parked vehicle.

But haha, I guess it doesn't matter it was only catnip

- Damnit it does matter - leave the citizens alone!!

Dam LAPD have nuthing better to do but harras ppl Thank goodness it wasnt bud cause I would of been sad it being not smoked! LOL

WHEN WILL THE INSANITY END??? These donut hole cops have nothing better to do? Any package could be considered suspicious if they say so. So long rights of the citizen.

Harry Angslinger, look what you started. You and Hurst. You two greedy jerks happy at the eternal BBQ? All so Hurst's investment in DuPont could be protected from hemp. Seeing as how what goes around comes around I gather these two pigs are burning un-happily ever after. How sad to sell your soul for the un-mighty $$.

mM

a suspicious looking bag!!! Hmmmm I wonder what a suspicious looking bag looks like?????????????

Next thing you know they'll stop the police chief when he goes out with his wife & comes home with bags of groceries...I wish. Hope Bill & Hillary aren't seen together in LA...Billy would get pulled over in a heartbeat. :laughtwo:

mM

That's ridiculous. I take it ANY bag would be considered "suspicious" nowadays, huh? Besides, even if the bag did contain weed, the guy could not have been arrested because it would have been an illegal search (unwarranted search and seizure), violating his constitutional rights. But if it WAS weed, it would've still been taken away, despite the fact that the guy couldn't be legally jailed for possessing it in the first place, since there was no actual probable cause for a search.

Stupid f*ckin' pigs. Simply put, "wtf, mate?" [rolls eyes]

From the tone of the article it was probably a clear plastic bag filled with catnip. They saw it and thought it was pot. Dumb cops.

Back
Top Bottom