Police Still Lie and Break the Law!

Ellevista

Because I haven't been to trial yet I can 't be very specific but I can tell the general story. While out of town, several states away from my home, there was a fire on the same floor as my apartment. The fire was in an apartment 8 units down from mine. Oddly the firemen decided to break down my door to "vent" the smoke from the fire. Upon entering my apartment they claimed they saw stems in my ashtray. There were no stems in my ashtray. I do grow plants in my apartment and have a ballast, reflector etc. The firemen immediately ran out and found some cops and told them they found a marijuana grow. The fact is nothing was growing but a tobacco plant that looks nothing like marijuana.

I assume since I wasn't home, that the police came in and began searching away. I began receiving phone calls from these detectives telling me to call them when I returned home. How they got my phone number is still a mystery because no one is 'fessing' up to giving the police my number. Anyway I got 3 different calls from 3 different detectives all with varying stories about how they gained entry into my apartment. One said the fire was in my apartment, one said my apartment was full of smoke and they had to enter. None of their stories were true. No smell or other signs of smoke upon my return.

The bottom line is that because I grew plants and had the equipment to do so, these firemen assumed I was growing M.J. leading to a search and seizure warrant which led to them finding some weed.

I'm facing a 5 prison sentence for possession with intent to distribute because of the weight and the fact that my Roll Your Own tobacco scale was out in plane sight. That scale had never been used to weigh Marijuana, not one flake.

They confiscated at least $1,000 worth of growing equipment along with my cigarette rolling machine which the police called a "narcotics packaging device". The ignorance of these detectives was beyond belief.

I hired a very good attorney and hope to at least minimize the sentence I receive. The fire was 8 apartments away from mine. The firemen are cops moonlighting as firemen as they do where I live.

All this for the weed I had to relieve the chronic back pain that my orthopedic surgeon could do nothing more about. The surgeon gave me extra strength ibuprofen and muscle relaxers for degenerative arthritis. My fourth amendment right to freedom from intrusion onto my property without a warrant and search and seizure without a warrant was clearly violated. A warrant after the fact is bullshit in my humble opinion. But since 9-11 the police and all law enforcement agencies have cart blanch in all that they do.

I have a preliminary hearing this week in an attempt to reduce the felony to a misdemeanor and hence reduce the prison time.

It's just weed people! I don't have any violent convictions, all paraphernalia charges from getting high over the years. My attorney doesn't want to address the illegal entry into my home because he thinks they'll win that.

I hate to be alive right now waiting for the liars to tell their side of this story in court. I'm going to ask for a jury trial because I figure normal citizens will relate to having their rights violated over pot.

I wish you luck and good fortune,
Nothing seems to amaze me since 9/11, ones civil rights daily trampelled on in the name of 'defence of the realm' namely targeted at terrorists, but convieniantly aimed at all of us when it comes to law enforcement agencies !! George Orwell will be rockin in his grave.
As you stated - Christ sake its only weed...:tokin:

so, you got charged with growing weed, even though they didnt find any growing?? id think if your lawyer has a license you have nothing to worry about. pretty retarded situation. imo.

Back
Top Bottom