Possible Bad News

RangerDanger

CAMP saw my garden this morning.
No doubt about it; they circled 5 times.
I have a small legal garden for my brother and myself. We both have scripts BUT I lost one of the scripts (they're supposed
to be posted at the gaden) and I called the Dr. to get a replacement and found out it had expired, and the Dr. is on vacation til next Mon. His office is trying to contact him in Hawaii.

I'm not worried about the state. They don't bust small gardens on private property, cause often they're legal.
They're looking for plantations, stuff that makes the news.
But they might report it to ground units.
And there are 2 cops in this area that are 100% totally anti-MJ.

Hopefully the Dr.s office will get ahold on trhe good Dr. quickly (as in TODAY) and they can fax me a renewal.
What bothers me the most is that they specifically targetd this area. They're working this section but they flew sraight to my place, circled, circled other legal growers in the same area, and flew off.
Which means someone who knows I have a garden but does not know if I'm legal or not tipped off the cops. And I'm 99% sure I know who that is.
Anyway, hopefully if and when the local cops show up, I'll have current documentation.

Welll...Good luck man. I bet everything'll work out in your favor.

Is your garden like.. In the open? Or just in your backyard on private property that can seen by a passer-by?.... How'd they view your garden?:hmmmm:

hope you get a hold of the doc... but seriously though, your plants are just chillin out in the open? your lucky they are still there.

Jri5002 said:
hope you get a hold of the doc... but seriously though, your plants are just chillin out in the open? your lucky they are still there.

Its not unusual in California to find a medical marijuana patient with outdoor plants in there backyard garden. I had a Prop 215'er aunt that grew outdoors. They just chilled out there and grew :laughtwo:

Dam that sucks, what could they do, take your plants ? I always have helicopters and planes flying right over my garden, but i'm like a minute walk from the border .... I dont think the border patrol up here really care, there jobs to protect the border.

I just talked to the Dr.'s office and the Dr. is out for a day of snorkling, catamaraning. luau, etc.
They said they prob won't get through to him until late afternoon/to-night.
And if they can't reach him by tomorrow a.m., they'll have the other Dr. at the same office to issue one, based on our records on file.
But in the meanintime I'm sweating blood.

Ranger, re-read prop 215 and SB 420 :) NO where does it require you to have a WRITTEN note from the doctor, verbal will do as well as it clearly states. SO if you dont have your note or your new note has not arrived yet, your verbal recomendation is legaly protected under the law. So stop sweating :) If the cops arrive, tell them he truth....that your doctor has verbaly recomended your usage of medicinal marijuana for chorinc pain and suffering. Give them your doctors information if they require it, and relax. If they pull your garden, consistantly inform them that you are a legal medical marijana user, and get it on camera or tape if you can.....that way, when you sue the shit out of the police dpartment for uprooting a legal garden, you have some type of evidence :)
-PM

Only hindsight but everyone reading this might consider doing it, I'd scan and save your prescription/recommendation into your computer. As I assume you're a 'registered' medicinal user & them CAMP boys know that you have two scripts at your residence, or am I assuming too much. If they knew that I'd feel comfortable. Good Luck Ranger....... I'd hate to see you have to start over if they pull your meds. If they come to the door first I'd try to distract them with the 420Girls site bro........ remember they're cops and so very easily distracted. I hope your Drs note comes in time........:peace: :bongrip:

Thepurplem0nkey said:
Ranger, re-read prop 215 and SB 420 :) NO where does it require you to have a WRITTEN note from the doctor, verbal will do as well as it clearly states. SO if you dont have your note or your new note has not arrived yet, your verbal recomendation is legaly protected under the law. So stop sweating :) If the cops arrive, tell them he truth....that your doctor has verbaly recomended your usage of medicinal marijuana for chorinc pain and suffering. Give them your doctors information if they require it, and relax. If they pull your garden, consistantly inform them that you are a legal medical marijana user, and get it on camera or tape if you can.....that way, when you sue the shit out of the police dpartment for uprooting a legal garden, you have some type of evidence :)
-PM

Brilliant

I wouldn't worry about it to much. Man it would be great if I had to worry about the cops coming to see me about my legal garden. I'm really thinking about relocating.

As of 5 p.m. when they closed the Dr's office hadn't heard back from him but I can prob. get the documentation I need tomorrow a.m. because my Dr. would have heard about it by then and if he doesn't call I can get his Dr. partner to fax me what I need.
I know what Prop. 215 says, but several years after the voters approved in the Cal. legislature amended it (without voter approval) and in my county at least you need to have the Dr.s recommendation posted at the garden to prevent the cops from ripping it up.
I'm not worried about getting busted. Even if the garden was without documentation of any kind cops out here don't arrest people for small personal grows on private prop. The most they'd do is rip up 1/2 of them if they come out before I get what I need from the Dr. (I have 1 script posted at the garden but I need 2).
They aren't coming out to-nite (the cops) and I'm pretty sure I'll have the recommendation in writing by 11 a.m. tomorrow.

Thepurplem0nkey said:
-PM

ooooo i knew PM or Pinch or NDW4M would beat me to it

in my county at least you need to have the Dr.s recommendation posted at the garden to prevent the cops from ripping it up.
Wow, that seems to be in violation of state law...like a county can't limit your plant production below 6 no matter what, it seems amazing that they could force you to have a writen note when the law clearly states a verbal recomendation is legal. I'd be very interested to learn what county you are from so I could educate myself more on the law. Not that I don't believe you, I'm just dumbfounded that a county could subvert state law.
-PM

This may all turn out ok.
The officer got hold of the Dr. who said he has to see my brother when the renewal is issued, that he has to be physically present when it's issued (even though the Dr. saw him last week).
The earliest we can see either our Dr. or his partner is Mon.
But the nurse said the previous recommendation is on my brother's chart, and if the po-po show up to have them call her to confirm a VERBAL recommendation.
I'm not out of the woods yet so to speak but my stress level went way down.
It's still a drag tho. Even if I have the written recommendations when the cops show up, it's still knowing that within the next week policeman will show up unannounced that's worrying my mind now.

TPM, I'll get back to you when this is resolved, At this time I don't want to give out my county.

UPDATE:
I got the written document I needed Mon.
And as of yet, no cops have shown up.
So c.a.m.p. helo circle's, see's my garden, informs the local county cops, and they don't show up. I flippin' LOVE it!
My friend says they may eventually show up.
But the point is they haven't so far. That means that, if the garden was illegal, the local cops are nice enough to give you lots of time to "get rid of the evidence".
Actually though, aside from large scale commercial grow ops, I haven't heard of any unscripted person getting arrested for having a personal garden in this county or anywhere in The Triangle for years, except a couple of minors.
Story:
Back in '00, when they still arrested people for unscripted grows, Mr. P was arrested 3 times in 3 months for growing weed. Each time he was released OR. He stood trial on 3 counts of growing a total of 150 plants (50 plants each time).
He was convicted. His sentence? 1 year sumery probation. Hizzoner told him "Mr. P, go get yourself a script. This court has more important matters to attend to than you growing weed."

Back
Top Bottom