Possible to flush wet soil? Possibly too hot soil over-fed with nutes

Ollan

Hey guys,

Im getting so worried about my seedlings of Critical Kush. I mixed them with Gold Label supermix soil and coco 50/50 but i still added some Gold Label Roots nutrient when flushed the soil before putting in the germinated seed.

Now they look like this and have been for a couple of days:

20150906_162632.jpg
20150906_162710.jpg

The soil is still soaking wet and i have a feeling the plant doesn't like it so i want to do something about it. The soil just wont dry out.

Can i flush the soil with only water even though it's very wet? I just want to save the seedlings from those nutrients i put in way to early.

Thanks in advance.

Option two is trying to add some water with some Cal Mag.. but im not sure.

Have you got holes in the bottom of those cups? If not, cut some holes at the bottom to allow excess water to get out

I actually had very small holes untill today. Erlier this morning i cut 2 big holes on each cup. I just hope it dries out soon so i can run fresh water.

Bad idea to do so while the soil is wet right?

Actually it really doesn't matter, the soil is unlikely to get any wetter and where it is already wet, whatever you want to flush out may flush better in a wet soil. Just use RO or distilled water if you can. RO and distilled water have very little to no dissolved minerals so will pick up more as it passes through the soil.

Try cutting the top of the cup flush with the soil level. Poke some holes in the sides of the cup as well for more air access to the roots/soil. Add a fan gently blowing "toward" the cup. She'll dry out quick. it doesn't matter what's in (or not in) the soil is she's standing in water. Good luck!

Massive thanks for all the replies guys. I will get on it right away with the tips. Ill get back to you in a few hours

Ollan

Ok so i tried some things:

- Flushed all cups with a cup of bottled water mixed with some CalMag +
- Cut some bigger holes under the cup for more drainage
- Added some soil to the cups to even out
- Shut the lights down after the flush so they can rest and absorb it.

Im really hoping the calmag will do it to be honest. Any toughts on the actions taken?

Ollan

UPDATE:

Hey guys so i did all the things i mentioned above and this is 2 days later:
20150910_094557.jpg

20150910_094547.jpg

I really think they look better and most of all they are growing. Also i saw some roots comming out at the bottom of the cup so i guess they are building a solid system since the cup is pretty deep.

What do you think? how they look?

Back
Top Bottom