Posting A Photo? Read Here First

Heather De Ath

Before you post photos [especially of your grow-spots] with your smart phone please check this out first. This is a link to TreasureNet that explains what can happen to your favorite treasure spot if you post a photo from your smart-phone. Please apply this sound logic to your grow-spot photos. Maybe someone here can rewrite this to reflect a 420 line of thought. If so then the Admins can delete this thread and make theirs a sticky.

Posting A Photo? Read Here First!

It basically says that taking a photo and uploading it can give your exact position away from the information associated with that photo. You can read as the guy gives an example of his favorite fishing spot.

Hi, RudyRuderalis. Thanks for the information and your concern for security.

We would like to reassure all our members that, as long as our photo uploading process is correctly observed - Photo Gallery Guide - How to Resize, Upload & Post Photos - there is no danger of location information being recorded. Security is important for all of us and to that end our software strips the location information from the photos that are uploaded to our gallery.

However, other sites may not have the same, rigourous security procedures. Therefore phone settings that record location should be disabled by going to the phone's Settings - Privacy - Location Services.

Please keep in mind the following tips when posting photos: Make sure that there is no identifying information anywhere in the photo, i.e. license plates, papers or labels with names, addresses, or phone numbers on them. Be mindful of objects in the background as well, i.e. mirrors or other things that reveal your identity like prescription bottles or magazine labels.

I reiterate - correctly uploaded photos to the 420 Gallery will carry no Geo-data and are therefore entirely secure.
:Namaste:

Back
Top Bottom