Pot Isn't Dangerous

I'm adding a few words regarding Chief Mahuna's comments about the voter-approved pot initiative.

The government has not been able to prove one toxicity related death, ever, from marijuana. Compare that to alcohol, nicotine and pharmaceutical products that together cause the death of more than 600,000 Americans annually! The government continues to claim that marijuana has no medical value, and consequently it is a controlled Schedule I drug, along with heroin, too dangerous to prescribe! That makes as much sense as having Dracula guard our blood bank. I'm offering the DEA $1 million cash if it can prove its charge that pot has no medical value.

In 1995, after 30 years of scientific research, editors of the respected British medical journal Lancet concluded, "The smoking of cannabis, even long term, is not harmful to health." Marijuana's only danger is arrest for possession.

If it's not dangerous, why is it prohibited medicine? Because an herb cannot be patented, making it a threat to alcohol, nicotine and pharmaceutical companies who pay Uncle Sam billions in taxes! Uncle is the protector of those death-causing drugs. Marijuana prohibition is caused by ignorance, arrogance, politics, greed, power, money, lies, perjury and shameful government betrayal against the world's safest medicine, and high.

The DEA's own judge Young, after two years of researching medical marijuana, stated: "Marijuana, in its natural form, is one of the safest therapeutically active substances known to man." I have two major books on this subject.

News Hawk- Ganjarden 420 MAGAZINE ® - Medical Marijuana Publication & Social Networking
Source: Hawaii Tribune-Herald
Author: David R. Ford
Copyright: 2008 Hawaii Tribune-Herald

Back
Top Bottom