Pot Raids Net Nearly 140,000 Plants

Last week, the County of Mendocino Marijuana Eradication Team found and destroyed nearly 140,000 marijuana plants in three days, the Mendocino County Sheriff's Office reported Tuesday.

A majority of the plants were spotted during observation flights in the county. On June 28, crews were working on a private ranch and public lands, and 66,000 marijuana plants were taken from at least seven sites near the Eel River.

The following day, June 29, crews were near Comptche on corporate land, and eradicated 21,211 marijuana plants from five sites.

Finally, on June 30, a landowner in the Robinson Creek area called the teams, and officers eradicated 52,009 marijuana plants from the area.

A total of 139,220 plants were removed during the three days. No suspects were located or arrested.

NewsHawk: Ganjarden: 420 MAGAZINE
Source: Ukiah Daily Journal
Author: Ukiah Daily Journal Staffl
Copyright: 2010 Ukiah Daily Journal

* Thanks to SnowBender for submitting this article

Tons of Americans out of work and the failed drug war with its unlimited budget rages on.

Oh,they have budgets. Their budgets come from busts and their inflated confiscation numbers so they can hold it up and yell "See!, give us more money"

Mean while they ruin the lives of small times dealers and users,who they honestly care lil for and will even state that to you hoping you turn:goodjob:, in the hope of nabbing one big fish higher in the chain.

Most of these grows were the work of the cartels and not regular Americans. I say they need to eradicate this because it does harm to legal growers. FYI; this unit's main funding comes from the DEA and other Federal sources so as long as they work toward upholding Federal laws, the unit will attract more funding. It will be up to the residents of Mendocino County to correct their law enforcement via their votes; make your dollars that you spend and the votes you cast work for you rather than against you. These 2 things are about all we have anymore as rights in America. And the dollars certainly cast more weight than our votes (spend your money wisely and make a stand every time you spend it).

I never did think it was cool to grow on other people's land.

As far as growing on public lands, I don't see anything inherently wrong with that - after all, it's the public's land, lol - but a lot of people that grow there have harmful/deadly traps and/or armed protection. And that's not cool, either. It's also not cool to have a problem with rippers when growing on public land. Because it's PUBLIC.

So... Grow your own - but only in/on your own.

I have to disagree with the statement that Public Lands belong to everyone; I believe that this is a privilege and not a right. If you abide by Public laws then you should have access to public lands but not for your own personal gain beyond recreational. This is a shared privilege and a shared responsibility. Those that do conform with public laws must preserve the lands for the rest of the citizens, not monopolize it for their own personal gains (forgot about BP and the Gulf already have we?). Although we should experience the access we cannot be so short sighted as to imagine that access gives use free use. It becomes a matter of social responsibility over personal gain. I believe that America has lost its way because this idea of "we are entitled to anything that will advance our personal gains", currently outweighs the social responsibility we must practice in order to have a functioning and vibrant society.

I do agree that everyone needs to utilize their own personal space(s) for their sustenance and hopefully their neighbor. Although this country has deemed us criminals, we must strive to not act like them. Too many good men and women have been wrongfully criminalized and their lives ruined because Public perception of us as criminals prevails. Want to do something on Public Lands, plant a tree for everyone to enjoy.

Back
Top Bottom