Ppm

Why do you check ppm run off? It should be the same as the water you are pouring I guess. When the nutes are gone it's just water. Sounds logic to me but don't know if it's like that. Master growers help us!! :p

Yeah I read something similar when checking to see what coco or rockwool is holding, to check the PPM of the water going in and then check to see what is coming out, so you can determine how much the coco/rockwool is holding, and this same process is used when flushing check what's going in and thus what's coming back out so you can keep an accurate track of things going on with your growing medium.

Why do you check ppm run off? It should be the same as the water you are pouring I guess. When the nutes are gone it's just water. Sounds logic to me but don't know if it's like that. Master growers help us!! :p

Like LadyMiha said, by end of the flushing process, the PPM should be the same as your flush water. That way you know the medium is fully flushed.

At the beginning of the flushing process, the PPM of the run off could be quite a bit higher than you have ever fed them before. That's completely normal and means that the flush is working. Put water through it until the PPM of the run off equals that of the flush water, which would ideally be 0.

Back
Top Bottom