Preventive measure: insects

Stone420

420 Member
I have a small 4 -5 week old Blue Dream in mid-veg growing outside waiting for my small tent to come open to move her in for the remaining grow. I noted a leaf trail in a leaf, and if I'm not mistaken this is a thrip trail. I looked with a loupe and cant see evidence of insects, but some leaf marks and holes indicate I may have visitors. I have her in a small 1.5G container waiting for the bigger 5G pot to up-plant, then she'll be heading indoors this weekend. For now, her pot is nested in between 2 huge rosemary shrubs that I hope are providing some natural repellant.

Looking for good products to apply to her (mid-veg) so I don't take bugs into my grow tent. If I use a light dose of Malathion, I have some on-hand and it will be 3 or more months before any of the plant gets used. I have also heard that a bit of dish soap and some 91% Isopropyl alcohol will work. Or will some hydrogen peroxide in RO water kill off any bugs I cant see?

Thanks for any tips before she heads into the tent.

This is a great preventative for all sorts of bugs and diseases.

I also regularly spray my plants with microbial teas. I would much rather attack them in this way than applying any sort of pesticides or other chemicals.

This is a great preventative for all sorts of bugs and diseases.

I also regularly spray my plants with microbial teas. I would much rather attack them in this way than applying any sort of pesticides or other chemicals.

I enjoyed this post. I'm just beginning to learn the benefits of a soil's micro-subsystem. I use the best soil I can find and water with organic nutes like Fox Farm Big Bloom bat guano and worm poop, Recharge with myccorrhaize and a touch of additional molasses plus natural fish emulsion fert. I hope my natural approach will be a deterrent to insects as well.

I enjoyed this post. I'm just beginning to learn the benefits of a soil's micro-subsystem. I use the best soil I can find and water with organic nutes like Fox Farm Big Bloom bat guano and worm poop, Recharge with myccorrhaize and a touch of additional molasses plus natural fish emulsion fert. I hope my natural approach will be a deterrent to insects as well.
absolutely it will... spray some of that on the leaves too as a foliar feed right at sundown.

Back
Top Bottom