Programmable timers

maddad56

High 420 friends looking for advice on timers for my hydro system needing short time on 2-5 sec every 15min or so upto 18hrs day. :thanks:

I have been looking for timers. From the info I see on the internet there are many digital ones that lose time 4 minutes a day, every day and there are some of those that reset every couple of days and you have to reprogram them. From my research here and elsewhere I think the best type is going to be a mechanical/analog timer - at least for lights and fans. Reason for that is the mechanical timers are pretty much self understandable, without needing instruction. A chimp could figure them out. That said, there are a few humans out there that simply don't have chimp genes either. In general the mechanical ones have electrical trip relays that you either pull up to set ON or they push down to set ON, in intervals of 15, 30, and 60 minutes in a 24 hour cycle.

You would need a digital that can be programmed to turn ON and OFF in intervals less than 15 minutes but none can do less than 1 minute intervals. These are used for your CO2 regulator and possibly exhaust fans during CO2 enrichment. I am not familiar with hydroponic systems but I can imagine a need for timing your pumps and even auto-nutrient release/injection, but this I think would need to be very sophisticated, perhaps computerized application for large scale growing. I am personally against any automation in a company as it just replaces people that could be paid.

Back
Top Bottom