Prop 19 Discussion

I think when these 2 entities (government and commercial grower) start losing revenue because of the explosion of 25 sq ft (tax free) gardens this could change.

2) I doubt that there will be "an explosion" of home grows. How many beer drinkers brew their own? It will be easier/cheaper to buy it at the local Cannabis store.....

I don't think that there will be an explosion either. But my belief is in the main due to the fact that there are already quite a few people growing their own. I do feel that there will be a marked increase of personal (recreational) cannabis grows - and if that increase is coupled with a substantial percentage of the current growers deciding to "come out of the closet", it might appear to be an explosion.

I know it wouldn't be a deal-stopper, but it would be bad PR (IMHO) for a local government to deny itself the potential tax revenues from Prop19 because it wishes to prohibit things and then to turn around and attempt to get them by hitting the people that Prop19 gives a right to which those local governments are unable to prohibit. I'm sure there would be plenty of people who would be happy to help give maximum publicity if such a thing happened.

A lot depends on the attitudes of the majority (of voters) in the jurisdictions of those local governments. Decisions/actions that go against the wishes of the majority can often be fought after the fact by voting the people who made the decisions - or the people who appointed the people who made the decisions - out of their office. Unfortunately, it doesn't always work out that way because the voting public often seems to have a rather short memory. But that wouldn't be the fault of Proposition 19 or any other piece of legislation.

I don't think that there will be an explosion either. But my belief is in the main due to the fact that there are already quite a few people growing their own. I do feel that there will be a marked increase of personal (recreational) cannabis grows - and if that increase is coupled with a substantial percentage of the current growers deciding to "come out of the closet", it might appear to be an explosion.
Ok. Maybe "explosion" is too strong a word here and what you are saying is probably more accurate.

Nice video. :welldone:

I'm glad it didn't pass.

And the main reason is because the taxes collected would go to the drug enforcement agencies.

If the taxes went to the State in general I would see it as actually helping my communities.

But to go to the police to build bigger stronger police forces? I don't think so.

We need less not more. The police departments across the land are hurting for revenue and are hooking up anyone they can to squeeze money out of their citizens. Of course they were for the prop..it put money in their pockets. and they don't care where their money comes from.

Just my opinion.

Back
Top Bottom