prunning?

zierf

i had a friend tell me that when you go switch the lights to the flowering times u should prune most of the lower bottom branches off. Cuz for one they won't get as much light so the buds on the low branches will be small and more sparse. Plus it lets the growth be more directed to the mid to upper branches for budding?

should this be done and around when should it be done? if the plant is already past the streach period can it still be done?

the plants i have now are just about 12 days into the light change to 12/12. Have 2 sour desiel and one that i was told was called chronic from the guy i got the clone from wanted something different then what i already had

I do it every crop my plants are about 4.5 fee tall and I always prune off the lower and week branches.....this increases your top bud yield...... If the light doesn't reach the the branch through the canopy prune it............how many weeks in to flower are they?

I do it every crop my plants are about 4.5 fee tall and I always prune off the lower and week branches.....this increases your top bud yield...... If the light doesn't reach the the branch through the canopy prune it............how many weeks in to flower are they?

13 days now they have been on 12/13

13 days now they have been on 12/13

I pruned mine in the second week of flower and didn't hurt them one bit in fact it gave them a boost the plants are in high gear filling out......

check it out....:Rasta:

haircut_under.jpg

10-20-09.jpg

depending on your lighting and plant size you may want to trim a lot or none at all. if you are not sure how much to trim let them bud for about 2 weeks. any spots that dont have good flowers developing you can chop off. i chop off about 10% for small plants and 20% for the larger ones.

there are some pics in my journal before and after my trim job

Back
Top Bottom