Planning to prune prior to flower?

The70’s

Hello growers, this is my third grow, im getting more informed as i go, but….

Im ready to flip my lites to 12/12 but there are still small branches on each of my (4) pkants that should be trimmed off so the buds get more attention.

I did a defoliation a week or two back, just leaves no branches. The leaves i would like to keep to support growth, but the little branches wont yield nuthin but popcorn 🍿

So, do i prune, and up pot a week before i flip the lights, or separate the up potting and pruning…

I'd go with prune/up-pot and at least a week before flipping. 10-12 days might be better, depending on how root-bound your plant is before the up-pot. You want the roots to be able to get into the new soil strongly before you flip because they don't make roots very well during flower.

Ahhhh nice, thank you

I prune bud sites from the middle of Veg all the way until the last week of stretch. I would keep going until the end if I had to but by that point everyone is in place usually.

I leave the leaves and don’t take any more than 2-4 branches nodes every few days.. They don’t mind this at all and seem to appreciate being guided. If you slow roll it, and tuck leaves instead of trimming, you should never have to take much more than 10-20 percent at a time and will never see stress.

I prune bud sites from the middle of Veg all the way until the last week of stretch. I would keep going until the end if I had to but by that point everyone is in place usually.

I leave the leaves and don’t take any more than 2-4 branches nodes every few days.. They don’t mind this at all and seem to appreciate being guided. If you slow roll it, and tuck leaves instead of trimming, you should never have to take much more than 10-20 percent at a time and will never see stress.

And thank you as well ☺️

And thank you as well ☺️

No problem!

My MIL picks bud sites the entire time.. she’ll do it all the way up until harvest and she produces really well, as well. She is outside though so her plants are pretty big and resilient.

No problem!

My MIL picks bud sites the entire time.. she’ll do it all the way up until harvest and she produces really well, as well. She is outside though so her plants are pretty big and resilient.

Here’s a GG4, the pic for some reason makes it look thin, it’s actually pretty nice.
They had a lot of activity yesterday with a new 5gal pot, watering, pruning, im gonna let them settle in, no real rush, and flip the lites soon, its been at least 8wks of veg

1690544234364.jpeg

And its always nice to hit a bullseye 🎯 from time to time in the KPA area

1690544548949.png

Here’s a GG4, the pic for some reason makes it look thin, it’s actually pretty nice.
They had a lot of activity yesterday with a new 5gal pot, watering, pruning, im gonna let them settle in, no real rush, and flip the lites soon, its been at least 8wks of veg

1690544234364.jpeg

And its always nice to hit a bullseye 🎯 from time to time in the KPA area

1690544548949.png

Oh yeah those look real good.. I’d wait 2-3 weeks to let the plant settle in then flip the lights. I can’t say for sure but that plant definitely looks like it’s gonna double in size on you during stretch.

8 weeks is perfect for veg if you run from seed. This allows the plant to reach sexual maturity and will greatly improve both resin production and final quality. Lots of synthetic regimens call for a 4 week Veg which isn’t long enough from seed. From clone it’s okay, but from seed, you will severely curtail your final quality by rushing Veg. I get the desire to want a short veg especially for commercial reasons, but if this is for personal use, those extra 4 weeks will make a monumental difference in your final product.

Oh yeah those look real good.. I’d wait 2-3 weeks to let the plant settle in then flip the lights. I can’t say for sure but that plant definitely looks like it’s gonna double in size on you during stretch.

8 weeks is perfect for veg if you run from seed. This allows the plant to reach sexual maturity and will greatly improve both resin production and final quality. Lots of synthetic regimens call for a 4 week Veg which isn’t long enough from seed. From clone it’s okay, but from seed, you will severely curtail your final quality by rushing Veg. I get the desire to want a short veg especially for commercial reasons, but if this is for personal use, those extra 4 weeks will make a monumental difference in your final product.

Always good to hear someone say, slow down, let things settle in, no hurry.

The dry amendments wont be available for a week or so also its more the reason to sloooooow it down. I also have plenty of height as they are only 24” tall

MedicGrow is threatening a delivery on Tuesday😂😂😂 for my lite controler, it has detent settings at 40/60/80/100% which is ok, but to get inbetween numbers i have to raise and lower🙄 looking forward to cranking it up to get my DLI Just right. Im leaving them where they are so not to add to the stress of all the recent activity, not to mention they came down with a case of the Thrips, the GG4 took a bearing…… little buggers did a job, i’ll give them a couple shower doses of neem and peppermint soap, they tolerated that fine, prior to flower

Back
Top Bottom