32g of PunchCake & EverClear tincture

The70’s

Hey all, hope everyone is happy and healthy.
Well, my inhaling days are sadly coming to an end. I will hopefully be able to do an occasional doobie or dab, or bong. I have asthma and when i dont inhale, my lungs 🫁 are much happier.

Wts, enter tincture! Im excited, and the journey has begun, i ground up 32g of Punch Cake, its about a year old, and it breaks my heart im not smoking those wonderful joints i use to smoke☹️

So, i used 3cups of Everclear and a mason jar, and i did decarbox the weed @ 220° about 30 minutes. I just threw em in a jar together shook em up good, and they are sitting in my freezer, which im not even positive why they are in the freezer😂

I have heard everything from steeping professionals that say steep 3hrs to a freakin year, its crazy, i mean it seems like a couple weeks should give me enough time in the jar.

Next is a good strain through coffee filters, and then evaporate to a level i would like.

Your thoughts 💭

So i whipped up a batch and gave it a whirl, i gotta say the on set was very nice, about 15min, full on set 45min, much quicker that my edibles i make. The buzz is nice and light, not like a big bong of hash or a big dab, its pretty mellow, this is gonna be my Christmas day drink for sure hahaha
I'm interested to see your results.
@Joe Brewster knows this stuff.
Let's get an experienced opinion.
Btw where did you get the everclear?
I can't get it in Ontario.
I have 1 bottle and some moonshine.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎

I'm interested to see your results.
@Joe Brewster knows this stuff.
Let's get an experienced opinion.
Btw where did you get the everclear?
I can't get it in Ontario.
I have 1 bottle and some moonshine.

Stay safe
Bill284 😎
Hello Bill, i hope you are well.

This batch only sat 24hrs, the rest is still in the freezer, because im told it should soak a couple weeks, i got anxious and wanted to try it out.

Cheese cloth first strain, then one coffee filter, then the second and its pretty clear.
Im in NY so Everclear is sold here.

I have some bottles and droppers on the way

I took a little bit around 2pm its 4pm and i can still feel a little, gonna do a little more of course hahaha 😂

Im mostly curious will the strains characteristic stay with the process or is it like edibles where its all the same.

@Joe Brewster I welcome your input

Well, my inhaling days are sadly coming to an end. I will hopefully be able to do an occasional doobie or dab, or bong. I have asthma and when i dont inhale, my lungs 🫁 are much happier.

Wts, enter tincture! Im excited, and the journey has begun, i ground up 32g of Punch Cake, its about a year old, and it breaks my heart im not smoking those wonderful joints i use to smoke☹️

So, i used 3cups of Everclear and a mason jar, and i did decarbox the weed @ 220° about 30 minutes. I just threw em in a jar together shook em up good, and they are sitting in my freezer, which im not even positive why they are in the freezer😂

I have heard everything from steeping professionals that say steep 3hrs to a freakin year, its crazy, i mean it seems like a couple weeks should give me enough time in the jar.

Next is a good strain through coffee filters, and then evaporate to a level i would like.

Your thoughts 💭
I know how you feel, I should be quitting the smoking also

That would be Green Dragon. from what I have read you don't need to freeze it & the longer it soaks the stronger it gets
If you evaporate it enough you can tack it on your gums for a faster & diff. buzz
Evaporated all the way you would get RSO - dirty CCO
I got a real buzz when I took some CCO with 70% dark chocolate
Found this lab test
1701207737786.png

Im mostly curious will the strains characteristic stay with the process or is it like edibles where its all the same.

@Joe Brewster I welcome your input
If you tag in an edit, it doesn't work.
I only do Cold wash (use winter as my freezer) & recover my alcohol & mostly doing mixed trim washes
Now that I am building up a supply I will be washing more buds this year

If it's mostly Indica, you will get the sleepy couch lock effect
When I don't decarb I can taste the terpenes still when smoking
Some Tropicanna Banana I washed last year

If you tag in an edit, it doesn't work.
I only do Cold wash (use winter as my freezer) & recover my alcohol & mostly doing mixed trim washes
Now that I am building up a supply I will be washing more buds this year

If it's mostly Indica, you will get the sleepy couch lock effect
When I don't decarb I can taste the terpenes still when smoking
Some Tropicanna Banana I washed last year
Washing ? Is that what i did ? I understand the ethyl alcohol dissolves the oils, terpenes ect.
What exactly is that photo of

1701283321831.jpeg

1701283410685.jpeg

Just letting it evaporate. I was experimenting yesterday, but i need a dropped, i took too much 🙄 there is no doubt to its potency, its very strong and drops 💧 are the way to go.

Theres a similarity to edibles, but im trying to see the dissimilarities… time’ll tell. Theres no doubt it burns if you drop too much under ur tongue, one drop at a time is the way to go, it actually tastes ok if done like that. Once i evaporate enough and get it in a dropped i’ll know more about this new road

@Joe Brewster
So, would i be correct that the amount of everclear I evaporate is up to the strenth i want the concentrate to be ?

Is there a point where i would have too much flower to everclear ratio, is there a point where the everclear loses its ability to break down the flower ?

I wouldn’t mind adding enough weed to get a few drops to start my day ☺️

With the fact that i got weed piling up, and Christmas is around the corner, this might just be a real nice present 🎁 to the right people

@Joe Brewster
So, would i be correct that the amount of everclear I evaporate is up to the strenth i want the concentrate to be ?

Is there a point where i would have too much fliwer to everclear ratio, is there a point where the everclear loses its ability to break down the flower ?

I wouldn’t mind adding enough weed to get a few drops to start my day ☺️

With the fact that i got weed piling up, and Christmas is around the corner, this might just be a real nice present 🎁 to the right people
Yes, would be correct that the amount of everclear you evaporate off will make it stronger
If you evaporate all the alcohol off it will not be 100%CCO because you washed out chlorophyl, plants waxes, lipids & plant matter.
To get it cleaner you have to do the cold quick wash & filter filter

Alcohol can only hold so much in suspension The stronger the solvent the higher percentage
I do two washes on my material
Pretty much have to use enough to completely cover the material

Your thoughts 💭
exactly what I do ...no need to use that much everclear ..I decarb and use 2 cups of alcohol to 3 oz of weed ..no need to evaporate unless I'm going to mix it in edibles

Please explain the two washes ? Are they done over time, or same day ?
Quick 5 minute cold washes same day. Not enough left to warrant a 3rd wash
If you soak longer you end up with all the extra green chlorophyl
Then I put it in my distiller & reclaim my alcohol

Vaporize the alcohol with heat, cool it & reclaim the condensation
Good Distiller?Basic still mine is about middle of thread
So, the reason its soooo green is people soak their flower for a very long period of time.
You are saying i can do a quick wash, dissolve all the terpenes and oils quickly, then one more quick wash and ur done!

The alcohol doesn’t need weeks to dissolve the oils ect ??

Im starting to get this….

So, the reason its soooo green is people soak their flower for a very long period of time.
Yes
You are saying i can do a quick wash, dissolve all the terpenes and oils quickly, then one more quick wash and ur done!
yes
The alcohol doesn’t need weeks to dissolve the oils ect ??
No the longer it sits, the more other things will dissolve
You will get more but it is not as pure (Dealers like that)

Yes

yes

No the longer it sits, the more other things will dissolve
You will get more but it is not as pure (Dealers like that)

Dude, you Rock ! Thanx a lot.

With this quick wash, will i retain the strains characteristics, like my SourDiesel is a nice daytime strain for me.

Dude, you Rock ! Thanx a lot.

With this quick wash, will I retain the strains characteristics, like my SourDiesel is a nice daytime strain for me.
Yes Sativa for day Indica for the night. once you turn it into real thick oil you can thin it with MTC oil & use it like your tincture without the burn, put it in caps or even smoke it (as concentrate)

Back
Top Bottom