Slurriclone! SlurriMom! Call It What You Wish

The70’s

Im going to attempt to bring back a Slurricane plant in its 8th week of flower. The plan is to harvest this week leaving enough buds on the plant that i can re-vegge her, and by springtime i would have clones for myself. I dont want to keep her forever, but i can set her up in my baby 2x4 vegge tent for as long as i need. I have no idea what im doing…..but

The plan is to top dress and water with GaiaGreen 444, and leave her under 24hr light with a vegge type atmosphere kpa.

In the mean time im going to educate myself in the clone business and try to wrap my head around all my do’ins

There’s always the question, why ? Who the hell know why ? Maybe because I haven’t done this and it looks interesting 🧐

Hey OG !

Hopefully tomorrow or Monday they will get chopped and i can move the chopped Slurricane into the little vegge tent, get her all comfortable.
So as far as lighting do i go back to 18/6 to econo electic bill or will Mom need 24hrs for a few months. I know its early to discuss rooting hormones but thats a concern. Unfortunately my basement is chilly and its mid winter here 8° days for awhile, my hope is by spring it might warm things up a bit. I wanted to do the NanaGlue, but it has virtually no lower buds or leaves, the slurrican is my best bet, this is more about learning the Mom/Clone process for future grows, like leaving a little lower growth for Mom options…..

18/6 is fine. Everyone's got a rooting scenario that works for them. Some use synthetic, some go natural, some don't use anything. I've had a good run with clonex. I've also used aloe, or honey. I think @Azimuth had pointed out there process the other day. I was stoned but interested, couldn't find it again when I went to look for it. I'm dealing with the same cold as you. As long as your girls stay warmer that's all that matters. I've been using a clear storage bin over my seedlings and clones to give them a baby greenhouse inside the tent. It's helped. Just keep your momma well fed and healthy and clones will grow themselves!

Thanks for the tag @OGpapa . :green_heart:

I don't usually reveg flowering plants though I did do it recently just to try. I actually took a cutting at about four weeks after pistils showed but the longer into flower you go the harder that is.

Better for @The70’s is the plan to keep a few lowers in tact and Monstercrop that bad girl. Here's a link to @Van Stank 's post about how he does it.

As for cloning, many find it very difficult until they find something that works for them and then it becomes easy. My process is linked in my sig.

This will be a lengthy journal as it has a few dozen moving parts, first the Mom issue. Totally up to how long it takes to turn it around, if it turns around, i have nothing but time. Then the clones, my hope is to create (4) since im in a 4x4 and four plants fit nicely. Then there is vegge and flower 😛 im totally smitten on the deep green of their whole grow

This really is going to be a huge learning curve, but love the input so far

This will be a lengthy journal as it has a few dozen moving parts, first the Mom issue. Totally up to how long it takes to turn it around, if it turns around, i have nothing but time. Then the clones, my hope is to create (4) since im in a 4x4 and four plants fit nicely. Then there is vegge and flower 😛 im totally smitten on the deep green of their whole grow

This really is going to be a huge learning curve, but love the input so far
And might as well throw SIP into the mix. "Better plants from better growers" is our motto, and all from simply changing the grow container. Link in my sig if you want to explore. 🪣

I do 18 /6 , 24 hours is no advantage or 20/ 4 to keep the temp up for a few hour longer , i do root pruning much later , the plant is under enough stress , u could even plant her out end of may / early june , take care & peace dude 🤙✌️

For some reason I let it intimidate me. Not sure why? Feels taboo

Maybe I'll sip into the spring
It's kinda like authorized cheating. :cheesygrinsmiley:

I know there are many that insist new growers learn how to water properly but I'm in the camp that says I don't need to learn how to rebuild the engine before driving a car. Those things can be learned later if warranted but honestly I'll likely never grow in different containers again if I can help it.

They are pretty simple to build if you're the diy type, or there are commercial versions available for standard 5 gallon buckets. I grow in much smaller containers so I build my own and have a post on page two of the SIP Club thread detailing how I make them.

Seriously, try one. I'll bet you get hooked. We've never had anyone that I know of regret the decision to try it. :thumb:

Yeah i have the same feeling though part of me says try ,, don't know still thinking guess i'm old school stuk in old thought 😆 @Azimuth peace brother🤙
Honestly nothing much different than the way you do things now apart from the container. You bring whatever soil mix and nutes you use already.

But, they're not for everyone.

Since this is soooo new, for my sake i gotta give it a go the way i know best, if its light, it gets water, if its got weight i let it ride….. but i never say never because i know myself, and trying new things is always exciting…. Who knows, maybe when i get to the clone stage i’ll be willing to give something new a try.

I don't have much else to offer. Just to be patient because they'll appear to be doing nothing at all for a few weeks.
Leave a few buds on and some fan leaves too if you can and keep your fingers crossed.

:thumb:

1705797229425.jpeg

1705797257951.jpeg

1705797934974.png

1705797955575.png

I got antzy….

It really looks a lot better than i thought it would, she would have been due for a watering tomorrow so with a somewhat moist pot it should be good…
All the numbers say Vegge 65°/54%RH, the lites are set to 18/6, 60watts, i actually raised the lites physically so the PAR/DLI are more inline with a mid vegge. In the pic the lites were right on top of it😬

Since she was in flower, and got a topdress 3wks ago of 284 Bloom, my guess when i do water it should be accompanied by 444 General fertilizer by GaiaGreen, possibly CalMag+

Any thoughts???? @Regrowth @Azimuth @ThirdUncle @OGpapa

Back
Top Bottom