32g of PunchCake & EverClear tincture

Yes Sativa for day Indica for the night. once you turn it into real thick oil you can thin it with MTC oil & use it like your tincture without the burn, put it in caps or even smoke it (as concentrate)

This stuff is potent, 4 drops 💧 under my tongue is a real day starter, even though PunchCake is a 70/30 indica dominant, its not bad in small doses.
My SourDiesel is gonna be something to see almost 90/10 sativa dominant.

This has been quite a learning experience, giving up inhaling is sad, but after a week, my cough went away, and some other nasties has gone away too Lol….
This is quite an alternative ❤️

Can you explain this ?
He doesn't decarb weed oil ( I assume he is smoking) because it decarbs as you are smoking it
Is there a safe point in temperature that i can heat with a double boiler and reduce the amount of liquid, i wont use so much Everclear next time
I don't like a double boiler because you have to heat the burner to red hot to boil water. A griddle, hotplate (1.5 on dial) or something you can control to less than 200 f patience is needed.
The explosive vapor is what you have to worry about mostly.
Warning Do this a your own risk

He doesn't decarb weed oil ( I assume he is smoking) because it decarbs as you are smoking it

I don't like a double boiler because you have to heat the burner to red hot to boil water. A griddle, hotplate (1.5 on dial) or something you can control to less than 200 f patience is needed.

Future washings will be done with much less Everclear 🙄

For now im gonna leave the lid off and just let it evaporate, case closed 😂😂😂

of
When I reduce my tinctures, for making edibles, I run a fan on low near my stove. It prevents the vapor from concentrating and reduces/eliminates the chances of a fireball.

Keep the lid for the pot nearby. If the tincture catches fire, turn off the stove and put the lid on the pot.

Just whipped up a quick wash SourDiesel, 14g decarb’d and only a cup of Everclear.
Im wrapping my head around this process and realizing its a solvent which dissolves the terpenes and oils so month long soaks are not necessary, a couple quick washes is enough for me…. Looking forward to a couple drops after i do some cardio first☺️

I found the sourdiesel very uplifting when i was dabbing and smoking, i hope the tincture retains those characteristics

Found a cool bit of advice if everclear is to strong for you.
Use everclear sparingly during a couple quick washes, and let it all evaporate. Then add a spirit of your choice, im gonna be trying a full evaporation, then add some southern comfort, enough for a 2oz. Dropper….

If you have experience, please share it

I grind the 3 oz in in a coffee grinder for about 15 seconds to not obliterate it then soak the weed overnight in 2 cups of everclear ...strain it twice through a filter ..good to go . if I'm evaporating making weed oil I don't decarb if I'm making tinctures I decarb
Gday, I've given myself a headache reading about decarbing to make oil. I'm not very bright but I'm wondering why decarbing doesn't take place during the evaporation of ISO in a Rice cooker.

Just whipped up a quick wash SourDiesel, 14g decarb’d and only a cup of Everclear.
Im wrapping my head around this process and realizing its a solvent which dissolves the terpenes and oils so month long soaks are not necessary, a couple quick washes is enough for me…. Looking forward to a couple drops after i do some cardio first☺️

I found the sourdiesel very uplifting when i was dabbing and smoking, i hope the tincture retains those characteristics
how did it work out ?

@CaptainLucky

I thought you would like that☺️

I learn as i go and the future of tincture will greatly improve, my hope is to get a recipe that 2 drops will get me a nice smooth buzz 🐝 im not there yet.

I still have questions about double boiler hot plate, sauce pan evaporation temp and possible damage to the THC levels…

As of now the safest evaporation is open jar 🫙 and wait 🙄

Gday, I've given myself a headache reading about decarbing to make oil. I'm not very bright but I'm wondering why decarbing doesn't take place during the evaporation of ISO in a Rice cooker.
good question , I'm thinking the alcohol will boil at 175 degrees , that's not hot enough to decarb ..my guess anyway ..I always decarb in the oven to make tinctures , I don't decarb making oil mainly because I burn it in use

Decarb the bud at 230 for an hour. Mix with the Graves for a week.

I use the MBM. I mix the decarbed bud with alcohol for four hours at 130 degrees. And I'm done.

Warning Do this a your
I like the "a couple of drops will do ya" and a tincture bottle will last a long while.

Can you decarb at any point
I decided to decarb . I spent about 5 hours doing 26 oz in the oven on a cookie sheet. Luckily Herself was away a couple days because I had a helluva a stank on. It dawned on me that to decarb you have to heat the Budd, not the oil that comes out of the Budd after rinsing. I don't have access to Everclear ( I'm in Nova Scotia Canada) so I'll have to use ISO. I've got my decarbed trim bottled up in the dark until I'm ready to do the oil. Thanks for all the comments, greatly appreciated 👍

Back
Top Bottom