Pub Customers Tested For Drugs

If you don't want to be searched, you can turn around and go back home.

Exactly what I would do, and so should anyone else concerned with their rights. Whether or not you have something to hide is irrelevant and this is why I say his business will likely tank. Something tells me he's not the only place in town to get a beer. :peace:

"Exactly what I would do, and so should anyone else concerned with their rights. Whether or not you have something to hide is irrelevant and this is why I say his business will likely tank. Something tells me he's not the only place in town to get a beer."

I'd be surprised if his business tanked. More likely he'll prosper as a safer place to go to get watered. Meanwhile, the folks who get disruptive after snorting a bit will have to find another place to go, making problems for that establishment.

Anyone here ever try to take down an idiot high on P*P? I tell you it's no picnic. You can taser the bugger, break an arm, and do all manner of nasty things to the whack job and still it might not contain him. Co*e can do that to a lesser extent as well.

In any case, if we want people to respect our choices, if we want government to respect the folks who are into drug culture, should we not also respect folks who want to be free from it? Would this be our next step? You must let me in, even if I do things which go against your beliefs? I think it's sad that so many people here who want what should be their rights respected are so quick to pounce on someone who is trying to exercise his right to be free from that culture? Why are you guys so eager to have your freedom, yet deny it to others? This is hypocrisy. It's the kind of attitude that will only hurt the movement.

"Something tells me he's not the only place in town to get a beer." I agree completely. Hence, the idea that no one is being forced to do anything.

I'd be surprised if his business tanked. More likely he'll prosper as a safer place to go to get watered. Meanwhile, the folks who get disruptive after snorting a bit will have to find another place to go, making problems for that establishment.

And people who get "over-watered" aren't sometimes disruptive and violent?

Anyone here ever try to take down an idiot high on P*P? I tell you it's no picnic. You can taser the bugger, break an arm, and do all manner of nasty things to the whack job and still it might not contain him. Co*e can do that to a lesser extent as well.

This comment may point to your own particular area of employment, which is probably further reason why we will never see exactly eye-to-eye on this subject.

"This comment may point to your own particular area of employment, which is probably further reason why we will never see exactly eye-to-eye on this subject."

I used to volunteer for security at a friend's punk club. Most punks are harmless. In fact, I've never had much of a problem with them. But then you get the big guys who get all drunk sometimes and start a fight. It's almost funny watching them try to fight the alcohol to get coordinated punches in - but it's hopeless. In any case, now I'm an English teacher.

The reason why we don't see eye-to-eye is because I put myself in his shoes and try to imagine what kind of hell the establishment must have been to run because of all the drug related problems - ie, bad drug deal, someone's high on something and starts causing serious problems, which then catches like wildfire and then everyone starts fighting. My take on this is that this guy wants a peaceful establishment, and he believes that by filtering out folks who use drugs he'll get that business. Good luck to him. Why so many of you want the worst for him is simple to see: you feel rejected and discriminated against. However, what he does or chooses to do in this regard isn't your real problem and you're picking the wrong fight. How do you think people would feel if suddenly a bunch of pro-pot folks started picketing and demanding that they be let entrance to it? Why not just yell out - "Hey, once we're legal, we're going to force ourselves on everyone!"

If someone doesn't want you there, find someone who does or make your own business.

Back
Top Bottom